Univision Communications reported robust fourth quarter financials, culminating in a banner year for the U.S. Hispanic media giant.
“Our fourth quarter marked a strong finish to a very positive year for Univision where we achieved the highest revenue and adjusted Oibda [operating income before depreciation and amortization] in the history of our company. [We] generated nearly $219 million in net income and reduced our net debt by $400 million while still investing approximately $160 million in strategic digital assets,” said Univision President and CEO Randy Falco.
In addition, Univision, which participated in the FCC’s Broadcast Incentive Auction to monetize a portion of its spectrum assets, expects to receive an estimated $376 million in proceeds from the FCC spectrum auction in 2017, which it will use to further draw down its debt.
The Spanish-language media conglomerate, which posted a fourth-quarter net income of $108.0 million compared with a year-ago net income of $8.8 million, has been planning an Ipo in recent years.
Univision’s fourth quarter revenue spiked 15 percent to »
- Anna Marie de la Fuente
Similar News ItemsUnivision Communications [us]
- Fox Lacks Ad-Sales Chief As TV Upfront Looms (From Variety - TV News. 19 April 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate & Univision Team For Spanish-Language Svod Movie Service (From Deadline. 12 September 2016, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Univision Promotes Isaac Lee to Oversee Entertainment Operations (From Variety - TV News. 7 July 2016, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Univision’s First Quarter Profit Dips on Softer Advertising (From Variety - TV News. 11 May 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: ‘Queen of the South’ Season 2 First Look (Watch) (From Variety - TV News. 10 May 2017, 5:37 PM, PDT)
- Univision Names Rosemary Mercedes Evp and Chief Communications Officer (From Variety - TV News. 10 January 2017, 9:20 AM, PST)
Isaac Lee (I)
- Univision Moves to Lure Advertisers More Familiar With English-Language TV Viewers (From Variety - TV News. 11 April 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Univision Developing Luis Miguel TV Series Despite Singer’s Deal With MGM (From Variety - TV News. 18 January 2017, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Univision & Televisa Merge Content Development And Production Efforts (From Deadline TV. 17 January 2017, 7:05 AM, PST)