While one of 20th Century Fox’s marketing stunts for “A Cure for Wellness” — involving fake news stories planted across the web — blew up in its face, the studio also spread fiction of a more traditional sort across Facebook to promote the movie.
The studio worked with fan-fiction site Wattpad to enlist writers to craft stories inspired by the thriller, about a mysterious wellness center in the Swiss Alps. Unlike with the fake-news campaign, for which Fox apologized on Thursday, the Wattpad promos are clearly labeled as a “Cure for Wellness” tie-in.
Using Facebook’s Instant Articles feature, Wattpad earlier this month pushed the first chapter of “Pure” by Sandra Grayson (known as @SheHopes on the site) to the social network’s users to read for free in paid and organic promotions.
Grayson’s story, about a divorcee who seeks therapy at what turns out to be an ominous treatment facility, »
- Todd Spangler
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Watch The Baywatch Slow Mo Marathon (From ShockYa. 28 April 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Anne Rice & Christopher Rice Teaming Up with Paramount Television and Anonymous Content for The Vampire Chronicles TV Series (From DailyDead. 28 April 2017, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- Why Hollywood’s First Female Studio Chief Left the Business to Dedicate Her Life to Charity (From PEOPLE.com. 28 April 2017, 8:33 AM, PDT)
Universal Cable Productions [us]
- Universal's Insurer Says Studio Ignoring Realities of Warfare in 21st Century (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 25 April 2017, 6:17 AM, PDT)
- Universal's Insurer Says Studio Ignoring Realities of Warfare in 21st Century (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 25 April 2017, 6:17 AM, PDT)
- ‘Blood Drive’ Trailer Revs Up for Gory Grindhouse Good Times — Watch (From Indiewire. 24 April 2017, 2:42 PM, PDT)
A Cure for Wellness (2016)
- A Cure for Wellness Makes House Calls May 30 (From Comicmix. 28 April 2017, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Get Your Cure for Wellness in June (From Dread Central. 26 April 2017, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- A Cure For Wellness Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 26 April 2017, 10:53 AM, PDT)