While one of 20th Century Fox’s marketing stunts for “A Cure for Wellness” — involving fake news stories planted across the web — blew up in its face, the studio also spread fiction of a more traditional sort across Facebook to promote the movie.
The studio worked with fan-fiction site Wattpad to enlist writers to craft stories inspired by the thriller, about a mysterious wellness center in the Swiss Alps. Unlike with the fake-news campaign, for which Fox apologized on Thursday, the Wattpad promos are clearly labeled as a “Cure for Wellness” tie-in.
Using Facebook’s Instant Articles feature, Wattpad earlier this month pushed the first chapter of “Pure” by Sandra Grayson (known as @SheHopes on the site) to the social network’s users to read for free in paid and organic promotions.
Grayson’s story, about a divorcee who seeks therapy at what turns out to be an ominous treatment facility, »
- Todd Spangler
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- The Third Cloverfield Movie Has Been Pushed Back (From Cinema Blend. 21 July 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Oscars 2018: Paramount Pictures has films by academy favorites – ‘Downsizing,’ ‘Suburbicon,’ ‘mother!’ (From Gold Derby. 21 July 2017, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Win ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Merchandise – Available On Digital July 24 (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
Universal Cable Productions [us]
- 'Mr. Robot' creator Sam Esmail to direct Bermuda Triangle film (From ScreenDaily. 21 July 2017, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- ‘Happy!’: Joseph Reitman Cast As Main Villain In Syfy Series (From Deadline TV. 21 July 2017, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Suits: Season Seven Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 July 2017, 7:27 PM, PDT)
A Cure for Wellness (2016)
- Review: Luc Besson's 'Valerian' Wastes Visual Splendor on So-So Storytelling (From FirstShowing.net. 21 July 2017, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 July 2017, 5:07 AM, PDT)
- new and ongoing dvd & vod releases, Us/Can, from Jul 18 (From FlickFilosopher. 18 July 2017, 12:23 PM, PDT)