The film is directed by Julius Avery (“Son of a Gun”), and produced by Abrams and Lindsey Weber through Bad Robot. The script is written by Billy Ray (“Captain Phillips”) and Mark L. Smith (“The Revenant”).
The movie takes place in 1944 on the eve of D-Day and centers on a group of American paratroopers, who are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there’s more going on in the Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation. “Overlord” will begin shooting this May in the U.K.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- ‘Dark Tower’ Footage References Overlook Hotel From ‘The Shining’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 March 2017, 9:53 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Sarah Silverman Talk Show, Difficult People Return and More (From TVLine.com. 27 March 2017, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon 2017: The Industry is Set To Brawl Over the Netflix Effect and Home-Release Windows (From Indiewire. 27 March 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Thea Sharrock Being Eyed to Direct “The One and Only Ivan” (From Women and Hollywood. 27 March 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Health Care Plan Problems Take Center Stage in Writers Guild-Studios’ Contract Talks (From Variety - Film News. 24 March 2017, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Health Care Plan Problems Take Center Stage in Writers Guild-Studios’ Contract Talks (From Variety - TV News. 24 March 2017, 4:18 PM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Newswire: Paul Greengrass to direct Eliot Ness biopic based on a graphic novel (From The AV Club. 27 March 2017, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- Paul Greengrass is in talks to direct ‘Ness’ for Paramount (From The Hollywood News. 27 March 2017, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Paul Greengrass Directing Ness, Based On The Graphic Novel Torso (From LRM Online. 27 March 2017, 5:38 PM, PDT)