The film is directed by Julius Avery (“Son of a Gun”), and produced by Abrams and Lindsey Weber through Bad Robot. The script is written by Billy Ray (“Captain Phillips”) and Mark L. Smith (“The Revenant”).
The movie takes place in 1944 on the eve of D-Day and centers on a group of American paratroopers, who are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there’s more going on in the Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation. “Overlord” will begin shooting this May in the U.K.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Newswire: Bill Clinton and James Patterson are pitching their mystery novel to Hollywood (From The AV Club. 25 July 2017, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Paramount pushes back the Cloverfield movie God Particle to February 2018 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2017: Watch the First Trailer for Westworld Season 2 (From DailyDead. 22 July 2017, 6:25 PM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- ‘Future Man’ Cast and Creators on Their High-Concept, High Stakes, High Comedy Sci-Fi (From Collider.com. 25 July 2017, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- The Handmaid’s Tale: A Lesson In What We Fear (From The Cultural Post. 22 July 2017, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ and ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Panels Open With Moment of Silence For Dead Stuntman (From Indiewire Television. 21 July 2017, 11:43 AM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- ‘Suburbicon’ First Look: Coen Brothers and George Clooney Reunite For A Very Dark Oscar Contender (From Indiewire. 25 July 2017, 10:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘Deadpool,’ ‘Terminator Genisys’ Used Stolen Effects Technology, New Lawsuits Claim (From The Wrap. 24 July 2017, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Pamela Adlon joins the Transformers spinoff Bumblebee (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 5:30 PM, PDT)