Great news for Tura Satana fans: a documentary about the legendary actress, vedette and exotic dancer is in the works.
Satana became a cult icon after playing Varla — the leader of a women’s gang who kills a young man with her bare hands and helps kidnap his girlfriend — in the 1965 Russ Meyer’s cult classic “Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!”
Read More: John Waters Wants You to Wreck Things From the Inside in ‘Make Trouble’ Book Trailer — Watch
Off screen, the Japanese-born actress lead a turbulent live. As a child, she was interned at WWII Japanese relocation camp Manzanar, in California. Then, she moved with her family to Chicago, where she was the victim of a racially-motivated rape by a group of teenagers before her tenth birthday.
- Yoselin Acevedo
Similar News ItemsDenzel Washington
- NBC’s Taken casts Adam Goldberg as Series Regular (From TVovermind.com. 16 August 2017, 4:16 AM, PDT)
- 1963 Convo Pt 2: Lilies of the Field (From FilmExperience. 15 August 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Should White Filmmakers Be Telling the Story of ‘Detroit’? (From Variety - Film News. 5 August 2017, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- The $100,000 Pyramid: Season Two Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Nisha Ganatra to Direct Mindy Kaling and Emma Thompson Comedy “Late Night” (From Women and Hollywood. 4 August 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- The $100,000 Pyramid: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three on ABC? (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 August 2017, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Little Kids Rock To Honor Elvis Costello And Bonnie Raitt (From Look to the Stars. 16 August 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- John Travolta to play 'the other Sinatra' in film about Jimmy Roselli (From The Guardian - Film News. 15 August 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Louis C.K. Preps First Directed Film in 16 Years (From Rolling Stone. 15 August 2017, 12:13 PM, PDT)