As Hollywood falls back in love with movie musicals, bolstered by the reception of such recent blockbusters like “La La Land” and last week’s record-smashing live-action “Beauty and the Beast,” the industry will inevitably be on the hunt for performers who can keep up with demands of the genre. One obvious actor who could go the movie musical route is Jake Gyllenhaal, currently cycling between both film and Broadway.
Over the past few years, the actor has balanced his time between his big screen work and a series of theatrical offerings. The life-long theater lover first dipped his toe in the legit world when he starred in a 2012 Off-Broadway production of Nick Payne’s “If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet,” followed in 2014 with his Broadway debut in “Constellations,” opposite fellow Broadway newbie Ruth Wilson.
“I think it’s where I am most joyous,” the actor told »
- Kate Erbland
Similar News ItemsJake Gyllenhaal
- Ynms: "Stronger" (From FilmExperience. 22 June 2017, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Stronger' Releases First Emotional Trailer (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 June 2017, 4:47 PM, PDT)
- First trailer for Stronger starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Tatiana Maslany (From Flickeringmyth. 22 June 2017, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Jeff Dowd and Alex Nohe Launch Consulting Firm Blood Sweat Honey (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2017, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- The Mummy Is a Huge Flop That Could Cost Universal $95M (From MovieWeb. 20 June 2017, 5:09 PM, PDT)
- Universal’s The Mummy Reportedly Headed For $95 Million Loss (From We Got This Covered. 20 June 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Blu-ray Review: Live-Action Adaptation Proves Heartwarming But Not Extraordinary (From Uinterview. 22 June 2017, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Crosses $600 Million at Worldwide Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 10:54 AM, PDT)
- Oscars at the Halfway Mark: ‘Logan,’ ‘Get Out’ and Women Directors (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)