As Hollywood falls back in love with movie musicals, bolstered by the reception of such recent blockbusters like “La La Land” and last week’s record-smashing live-action “Beauty and the Beast,” the industry will inevitably be on the hunt for performers who can keep up with demands of the genre. One obvious actor who could go the movie musical route is Jake Gyllenhaal, currently cycling between both film and Broadway.
Over the past few years, the actor has balanced his time between his big screen work and a series of theatrical offerings. The life-long theater lover first dipped his toe in the legit world when he starred in a 2012 Off-Broadway production of Nick Payne’s “If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet,” followed in 2014 with his Broadway debut in “Constellations,” opposite fellow Broadway newbie Ruth Wilson.
“I think it’s where I am most joyous,” the actor told »
- Kate Erbland
Similar News ItemsJake Gyllenhaal
- Watch: Elisabeth Moss Can’t Be Saved By Her Emmy Win on Mean Tweets Segment (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 6:34 PM, PDT)
- Elisabeth Moss, Jim Parsons Read Mean Tweets on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ (Watch) (From Variety - TV News. 25 September 2017, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Here Are 59 Actors Who Landed Oscar Nominations For Portraying Characters With Disabilities (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 September 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Spider-Man Beats Guardians Vol. 2 as Biggest Superhero Movie of 2017 (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2017, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming becomes the highest-grossing superhero movie of the year (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Have the Dreamiest Halloween Ever With These Beauty and the Beast Costumes (From BuzzSugar. 22 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Box office 2017: ‘It’ and ‘Dunkirk’ among Top 10 highest grossing movies so far this year (From Gold Derby. 21 September 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 2018 Best Original Screenplay Oscars Predictions (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 3:16 PM, PDT)
- Twilight Star Kellan Lutz Thinks a Reboot Is a Bad Idea (From MovieWeb. 11 September 2017, 12:55 PM, PDT)