As Hollywood falls back in love with movie musicals, bolstered by the reception of such recent blockbusters like “La La Land” and last week’s record-smashing live-action “Beauty and the Beast,” the industry will inevitably be on the hunt for performers who can keep up with demands of the genre. One obvious actor who could go the movie musical route is Jake Gyllenhaal, currently cycling between both film and Broadway.
Over the past few years, the actor has balanced his time between his big screen work and a series of theatrical offerings. The life-long theater lover first dipped his toe in the legit world when he starred in a 2012 Off-Broadway production of Nick Payne’s “If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet,” followed in 2014 with his Broadway debut in “Constellations,” opposite fellow Broadway newbie Ruth Wilson.
“I think it’s where I am most joyous,” the actor told »
- Kate Erbland
Similar News ItemsJake Gyllenhaal
- No One Can Hear You Scream: Life and Death in Space Horror (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Beauty and the Beast Beats Power Rangers and Life in Weekend #2 (From MovieWeb. 26 March 2017, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal to Lead ‘The Anarchists vs Isis,’ ‘Swiss Army Man’ Directors Find Next Film & More (From The Film Stage. 26 March 2017, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Tops Box Office as ‘Power Rangers’ Comes on Strong (From Indiewire. 26 March 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Update: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast nears $700 million worldwide, overtakes Logan to become biggest release of 2017 to date (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2017, 5:20 AM, PDT)
- Video Movie Review: Beauty And The Beast (2017): Watered-Down Version of the Original (From Film-Book. 24 March 2017, 1:21 PM, PDT)
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Korea Box Office: ‘Beauty’ Remains on Top in Second Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 26 March 2017, 8:57 PM, PDT)
- China Box Office: ‘Kong’ Roars to $70 Million Opening Weekend Win (From Variety - Film News. 26 March 2017, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M Ww; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International Box Office (From Deadline. 26 March 2017, 3:10 PM, PDT)