In the wake of the untimely death of beloved husband and father, grief threatens the relationship between the newly widowed Julieta and her daughter Anita. Unable to bear the weight of her father’s death, Anita disappears without a trace.
Enduring the death of her husband and the trauma of her daughter’s disappearance, Pedro Almodóvar’s “Julieta” displays the painful journey of a woman struggling with uncertainty and the impracticality of fate. Abandoned by her daughter and unable to escape the obsessive reasoning as to why she left, Julieta is pushed into solitude. In the silence and loneliness, Julieta finds herself experiencing life again.
- Kerry Levielle
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Dolphin Digital Media Acquires 42West in Multi-Million Dollar Deal (From Variety - Film News. 30 March 2017, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- 'Five Came Back' Review: Doc on WWII Filmmakers Is a Peerless History Lesson (From Rolling Stone. 30 March 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- 'The Zookeeper's Wife' Review: Jessica Chastain Goes Dr. Dolittle in WWII Drama (From Rolling Stone. 30 March 2017, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- The official poster for the 70th Festival de Cannes (From The Hollywood News. 30 March 2017, 8:38 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Poster Unveiled (From FilmExperience. 29 March 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017: 70th Anniversary Festival Poster Features Joyous Claudia Cardinale (From Indiewire. 29 March 2017, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- Julieta (From Trailers from Hell. 28 March 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- New to Streaming: ‘Paterson,’ ‘Julieta,’ ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 24 March 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- They Don’t Make T&A Thrillers Like This Anymore (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 March 2017, 12:17 PM, PDT)