In the wake of the untimely death of beloved husband and father, grief threatens the relationship between the newly widowed Julieta and her daughter Anita. Unable to bear the weight of her father’s death, Anita disappears without a trace.
Enduring the death of her husband and the trauma of her daughter’s disappearance, Pedro Almodóvar’s “Julieta” displays the painful journey of a woman struggling with uncertainty and the impracticality of fate. Abandoned by her daughter and unable to escape the obsessive reasoning as to why she left, Julieta is pushed into solitude. In the silence and loneliness, Julieta finds herself experiencing life again.
- Kerry Levielle
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- ‘Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!’ Casts Broadway Star Jessica Keenan Wynn (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- Spotlight: Viola Davis's Charity Work (From Look to the Stars. 16 August 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Baby Steps’ A Feature Comedy from the Producer of ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ (From Sydney's Buzz. 15 August 2017, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- 6 Challenges Facing New Academy President John Bailey (From Indiewire. 15 August 2017, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- 6 Challenges Facing New Academy President John Bailey (From Thompson on Hollywood. 15 August 2017, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- 25 Indie Films and Festival Favorites to See This Season, From ‘mother!’ to ‘Call Me By Your Name’ (From Indiewire. 14 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Rossy de Palma Joins Oscar Martinez on Rodrigo Bellott’s ‘I Miss You’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2017, 6:36 AM, PDT)
- 'The Distinguished Citizen' Tops Platino Awards (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 July 2017, 4:36 PM, PDT)
- Platino Awards: ’The Distinguished Citizen’ Takes Best Picture (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2017, 3:24 PM, PDT)