In the wake of the untimely death of beloved husband and father, grief threatens the relationship between the newly widowed Julieta and her daughter Anita. Unable to bear the weight of her father’s death, Anita disappears without a trace.
Enduring the death of her husband and the trauma of her daughter’s disappearance, Pedro Almodóvar’s “Julieta” displays the painful journey of a woman struggling with uncertainty and the impracticality of fate. Abandoned by her daughter and unable to escape the obsessive reasoning as to why she left, Julieta is pushed into solitude. In the silence and loneliness, Julieta finds herself experiencing life again.
- Kerry Levielle
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Slaves Of Hollywood - A 1993 film about Hollywood Assistants ripped from today's headlines, sort of. (From The Hollywood Interview. 18 October 2017, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- Cher joins the cast of Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! (From Flickeringmyth. 17 October 2017, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- From Meryl to Cher, Bask in the Glory of the Mamma Mia! Sequel's A-List Cast (From BuzzSugar. 17 October 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Harvey Weinstein: His Career Timeline of Sexual Harassment Allegations (From Indiewire. 7 October 2017, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- 'Chavela' Co-director Dareshi Kyi Talks Documentary And Getting Pedro Almodovar Involved (From CineMovie. 6 October 2017, 3:13 PM, PDT)
- Catherine Gund and Daresha Kyi on Celebrating a “Badass Butch” in “Chavela” (From Women and Hollywood. 2 October 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Check Out Actress Rossy de Palma's Mac Cosmetics Line (From PEOPLE.com. 3 October 2017, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- San Sebastian: Movistar +, Basque Standouts Bring New Energy to Spanish Fest (From Variety - Film News. 29 September 2017, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- San Sebastián: Emma Suárez to Star in Celina Murga’s ‘Irene’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 28 September 2017, 12:23 AM, PDT)