In the wake of the untimely death of beloved husband and father, grief threatens the relationship between the newly widowed Julieta and her daughter Anita. Unable to bear the weight of her father’s death, Anita disappears without a trace.
Enduring the death of her husband and the trauma of her daughter’s disappearance, Pedro Almodóvar’s “Julieta” displays the painful journey of a woman struggling with uncertainty and the impracticality of fate. Abandoned by her daughter and unable to escape the obsessive reasoning as to why she left, Julieta is pushed into solitude. In the silence and loneliness, Julieta finds herself experiencing life again.
- Kerry Levielle
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- How Pierce Brosnan's Wife Put His Heart Back Together Again (From Popsugar. 22 May 2017, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Attention, Abba Fans: They're Making a Sequel to the Mamma Mia Movie (From BuzzSugar. 22 May 2017, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Tilda Swinton, Meryl Streep docs score deals (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2017, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Cannes So Far: Movies Take a Back Seat to Netflix and Security (From The Wrap. 21 May 2017, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- Netflix at Cannes: Noah Baumbach’s ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Won’t Be An Oscar Contender (From Thompson on Hollywood. 21 May 2017, 4:18 AM, PDT)
- Netflix at Cannes: Noah Baumbach’s ‘The Meyerowitz Stories’ Won’t Be An Oscar Contender (From Indiewire. 21 May 2017, 4:18 AM, PDT)
- Outsider, Strand Releasing Acquire U.S. on ’Tales From Mexico’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 May 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017: April’s Daughter review: Dir. Michel Franco (2017) (From The Hollywood News. 21 May 2017, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Michel Franco’s Lucia Films to Produce ‘The Box’ by Lorenzo Vigas (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 May 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)