In the wake of the untimely death of beloved husband and father, grief threatens the relationship between the newly widowed Julieta and her daughter Anita. Unable to bear the weight of her father’s death, Anita disappears without a trace.
Enduring the death of her husband and the trauma of her daughter’s disappearance, Pedro Almodóvar’s “Julieta” displays the painful journey of a woman struggling with uncertainty and the impracticality of fate. Abandoned by her daughter and unable to escape the obsessive reasoning as to why she left, Julieta is pushed into solitude. In the silence and loneliness, Julieta finds herself experiencing life again.
- Kerry Levielle
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Jodie Foster and Michelle Pfeiffer Wanted to Be Thelma & Louise: Biggest Secrets Behind the Trailblazing Classic (From PEOPLE.com. 28 June 2017, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- Where To Find Meryl Streep In Baby Driver (From Cinema Blend. 28 June 2017, 6:18 AM, PDT)
- Is Meryl Streep Really In Baby Driver? Here's What Edgar Wright Says (From Cinema Blend. 27 June 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Big Sick’ Review: Kumail Nanjiani Mostly Hits the Mark in Auto-Bio-Rom-Com (From The Wrap. 23 June 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- How ‘The Beguiled’ Star Kirsten Dunst Took Control of Her Career by Owning Her Taste for Depressives, Smart Directors, and Powerful TV (From Thompson on Hollywood. 22 June 2017, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- How ‘The Beguiled’ Star Kirsten Dunst Took Control of Her Career by Owning Her Taste for Depressives, Smart Directors, and Powerful TV (From Indiewire. 22 June 2017, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Souvenir Review (From HeyUGuys. 19 June 2017, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- Cuisine at Cannes: Inside a Luxurious Dinner at the Star-Studded Film Festival (From PEOPLE.com. 2 June 2017, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘A Monster Calls’ Snags Seven Platino Awards Nominations (From Variety - Film News. 1 June 2017, 5:18 AM, PDT)