Fox News has reportedly pulled senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano off the air over statements he made claiming President Barack Obama asked British intelligence officials to wiretap Trump Tower in an effort to spy on Donald Trump.
Napolitano was curiously absent from Fox’s coverage of the Supreme Court confirmation hearing of Neil Gorsuch on Monday, with sources telling the La Times that Napolitano is not expected to appear on the network any time in the near future. He has not appeared on Fox News since last Thursday.
Fox News did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment.
Napolitano claimed both in a column for FoxNews.com and on the air that an unnamed source had told him that Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters (Gchq) performed surveillance on Trump at Obama’s request, backing up controversial statements made by Trump himself. However, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith was forced to walk back Napolitano’s »
- Joe Otterson
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Families of Military Fallen Lash Out at Donald Trump After He Claims Other Presidents Didn't Personally Call Them (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 5:12 AM, PDT)
- Running Wild with Bear Grylls: Nat Geo Makes Deal for Past and Future Episodes of NBC TV Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 October 2017, 9:56 PM, PDT)
- San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich Calls President Trump ‘Soulless Coward’ (From The Wrap. 16 October 2017, 6:22 PM, PDT)
- ‘SNL’ Alum Taran Killam Blasts Show’s ‘Hypocrisy’ for Skewering Former Host Donald Trump (From The Wrap. 17 October 2017, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- The Elders Deplore Us Decertification Of Iran Nuclear Deal As Threat To Peace (From Look to the Stars. 17 October 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- President Trump’s Net Worth Plummets by $600 Million as He Drops 92 Spots on Forbes’ Rich List (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 8:13 AM, PDT)
Fox News [us]
- Judgment Day: Harvey Weinstein Scandal Could Finally Change Hollywood’s Culture of Secrecy (From Variety - Film News. 17 October 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- The Daily Show kicks off Chicago week by calling bullshit on Trump's race-baiting Chicago-bashing (From The AV Club. 16 October 2017, 10:29 PM, PDT)
- Gretchen Carlson’s Lawyer: Harvey Weinstein Can Be Sued by Employees He Never Targeted (From The Wrap. 16 October 2017, 3:57 PM, PDT)