The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Dick Cheney Biopic: George W. Bush Actor & More Revealed (From Screen Rant. 18 August 2017, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Jesse T. Usher Is Son of Shaft, Samuel L. Jackson Will Return (From MovieWeb. 18 August 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Justice League: Ben Affleck Says Justice League Will Have A More Traditional Batman (From LRM Online. 16 August 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Rounds Out Cast for Ben Stiller-Produced ‘Eggplant Emoji’ (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- First trailer lands for Noah Baumbach’s The Meyerowitz Stories, starring Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson (From HeyUGuys. 16 August 2017, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- See Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller Slap Box in 'The Meyerowitz Stories' Trailer (From Rolling Stone. 15 August 2017, 4:53 PM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- “The Meyerowitz Stories” Teaser: Adam Sandler’s New Movie (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Physically “Naked” with Not Much Steam to Run On (From Age of the Nerd. 17 August 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Meyerowitz Stories Trailer Unites Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller and Dustin Hoffman (From MovieWeb. 16 August 2017, 9:23 AM, PDT)