The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- Chris Cornell Laid to Rest in Los Angeles (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Chris Cornell Burial Service Draws Hundreds of Celeb Friends and Fans (Photos) (From TMZ. 26 May 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Watch Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitate Christian Bale's Batman (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Split After 17 Years of Marriage (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 May 2017, 3:08 PM, PDT)
- Film Festival Roundup: Laff Adds ‘The Beguiled’ and ‘Annabelle: Creation,’ Frameline41 Announces Lineup and More (From Indiewire. 26 May 2017, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017. Family Matters—Noah Baumbach’s “The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)” (From MUBI. 24 May 2017, 10:14 PM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- Why This Year’s Cannes Lineup May Be Too Edgy for Oscar (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2017, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Some very good dogs won awards at Cannes (From The AV Club. 26 May 2017, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler is getting high praise and even Oscar buzz for his performance in The Meyerowitz Stories (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)