Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- The Rest Of Queen Have Been Cast In Musical Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 August 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Finds Freddie Mercury's Queen Bandmates (From MovieWeb. 21 August 2017, 3:24 PM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer’s Queen Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Casts Band Members (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Darkseid And Lex Luthor Said To Be Absent From Justice League’s Final Cut (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2017, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- Joachim Trier on Toronto-Bound ‘Thelma,’ His 1980s Influences, the Threat to Filmmaking in Norway (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2017, 4:19 AM, PDT)
- Rumour: Zack Snyder may be returning to help finish Justice League (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- 'Game of Thrones' Facebook, HBO Twitter Hacked (From Rolling Stone. 17 August 2017, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Spike Lee developing TV series Archer (From Flickeringmyth. 13 August 2017, 10:30 PM, PDT)
- The 20 Best Crime Films of the 21st Century, From ‘Memento’ to ‘Zodiac’ (From Indiewire. 11 August 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)