Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Cannes Lions: Ian McKellen, Gary Reich Launch Short-Film Project for Lgbt Stories (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 21 June 2017, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- Michael De Luca Partners With Launch Pad to Find Books to Option (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 June 2017, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Violence Threatens to Erupt in Exclusive Clip from New Psychological Thriller Wichita (From DailyDead. 20 June 2017, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Rumoured description for the new Justice League trailer includes Superman’s return (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2017, 12:07 AM, PDT)
- The Batmobile returns in latest Justice League set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Mattel unveils its Sdcc exclusive Justice League Cyborg figure with Mother Box packaging (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Facebook Is Ready to Drop Big Money on Original TV Shows (From The Wrap. 26 June 2017, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Watch Out For That Lava Flow! (From CultureCatch. 23 June 2017, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Trump Energy Department Appointee Called Barack Obama a ‘Kenyan Creampuff’ in Deleted Tweets (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 11:59 AM, PDT)