Former congressman Anthony Weiner admitted in court Friday to sending sexually explicit messages and photos to a 15-year-old girl, People confirms.
Weiner pleaded guilty in federal court to a single count of transferring obscene material to a minor. The disgraced politician surrendered to the FBI in New York Friday morning, and pleaded guilty before United States District Judge Loretta Preska.
Weiner was released on bail and will be sentenced on September 8. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
A court official tells People Weiner fought through tears as he read a statement in court. He acknowledged sending sexually explicit texts »
- Tierney McAfee and Chris Harris
Similar News ItemsHillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Attacks Healthcare Bill, Calls Gop the 'Death Party' (From TMZ. 24 June 2017)
- Tegan & Sara: How They’re Staying Focused On Improving Healthcare For Lgbtq Women (From HollywoodLife. 23 June 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- How NBC's 'Will & Grace' Revival Will Address Trump (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 23 June 2017, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Steve James on Documentary Ethics, ‘Abacus: Small Enough to Jail,’ and Capturing Chinatown (From The Film Stage. 7 June 2017, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘Felicity’s’ Keri Russell and Scott Speedman Reunite on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ (From Variety - TV News. 31 May 2017, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Andy Cohen Cares about Huma Abedin and Tom Brady's Ass (Video) (From TMZ. 20 May 2017, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- From Being Held at Gunpoint as a Teen to Taking Center Stage in the Year’s Biggest Political Drama: All About James Comey (From PEOPLE.com. 7 June 2017, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- Huma Abedin Arrives at Cfda Awards Red Carpet Without Her Wedding Ring (From PEOPLE.com. 6 June 2017, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Weiner Pleads Guilty to Sexting With 15 Year Old, Must Register As Sex Offender (From Uinterview. 20 May 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)