The Gotham Group brought the concept to Amazon Studios. McInerney and The Gotham Group’s Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Jeremy Bell will serve as executive producers. Novelists Dana Vachon and Gemma Sieff will adapt the books for TV and executive produce. Burr Steers (“Pride and Prejudice and Zombies”) is attached to direct, and will executive produce as well.
The three books — “Brightness Falls,” “The Good Life,” and “Bright Precious Days” — look at a marriage over the course of 30 years. An unforgettable New York story of glamour, sex, ambition, and heartbreak begins in the heady days before the financial crash. Russell and Corrine Calloway seem to be living the dream. But beneath the glossy surfaces, things are simmering — and the Calloways find themselves tested more severely than they ever could have imagined.
- Debra Birnbaum
Similar News ItemsKiefer Sutherland (I)
- ‘Kiefer Is Back’ in a new teaser promo for Designated Survivor Season 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Enterprises Launches New TV Festival, Initial Lineup Includes ‘Will & Grace,’ ‘Queen Sugar’ (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Launches Its First-Ever TV Festival With ‘Gotham,’ ‘Will & Grace,’ ‘Queen Sugar’ (From Indiewire Television. 16 August 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Michael J. Fox (I)
- The Best Movie Trilogies Ever Made — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 14 August 2017, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Reviews: Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too Collector’s Editions (From DailyDead. 10 August 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- 2017 Emmy predictions: Best Comedy Actor (From Gold Derby. 8 August 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Amazon Studios [us]
- X Marx the Spot: Amazon Weaponize for 2018 with Pawlikowski’s “Cold War” (From ioncinema. 21 August 2017, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Amazon Studios Buys ‘Cold War’ From Oscar Winner Paweł Pawlikowski (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Wish Upon Coming to Home Media This October, Including Director’s Unrated Cut Blu-ray (From DailyDead. 21 August 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)