CBS’ “Candy Crush” game show saw large declines in both the key demo and total viewers in its second week, while “Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” hit a new low in total viewers, according to Nielsen overnight data.
Airing at 9 p.m., “Candy Crush” averaged a 0.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 2.9 million viewers this week, down nearly 30% in both key measures compared to the premiere last week (1.1, 4.1 million). It is worth pointing out that “Game of Thrones” returned for its seventh season on HBO in the same timeslot.
Earlier in the night at 7 p.m. on NBC, “Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” drew a 0.4 rating and 3.1 million viewers, the newsmagazine’s lowest total viewer number since it debuted at the beginning of June. Kelly also matched a series low in the key demo.
For CBS, a new episode of “Big Brother” (1.8, 6 million) was even with last week’s Sunday airing. “Candy Crush »
- Joe Otterson
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- ‘Lord of the Rings’ Spoke to 1960s College Kids — and to United Artists (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- How Studying Acting Prepares You for Life (Guest Blog) (From The Wrap. 28 July 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Beyond Westeros: Where You Can See Your ‘Game of Thrones’ Favorites Next (From FilmSchoolRejects. 28 July 2017, 8:04 AM, PDT)
"NCIS: Los Angeles" (2009)
- CBS 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 7/28/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 July 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Fall TV: See When Your Favorite Shows Are Premiering This Year (From BuzzSugar. 28 July 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of CBS TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 July 2017, 11:29 AM, PDT)
Steve Harvey (I)
- Little Big Shots: Forever Young: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two on NBC? (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 July 2017, 10:05 PM, PDT)
- Little Big Shots: Is the NBC TV Show Cancelled or Renewed for Season Three? (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 July 2017, 10:05 PM, PDT)
- Ratings: ‘Little Big Shots: Forever Young’ Finale Drowned in Demo by ‘Big Brother,’ ‘MasterChef’ (From The Wrap. 27 July 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)