Garland was nominated in 2016 for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for “Ex Machina,” which starred Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, and Alicia Vikander. Garland also made his directorial debut with the film.
He won the DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement of a First-Time Feature Film Director for “Ex Machina,” and also received three BAFTA Award nominations. He has worked in film, books, and video games since the publication of his first novel, The Beach. His other film work includes “28 Days Later,” “Sunshine,” “Never Let Me Go,” “Dredd” and the forthcoming “Annihilation.”
Under his overall production deal with Fxp, Garland will develop, write and produce television projects exclusively for FX Productions.
“Alex’s gifts as a writer have long been apparent, and he made a huge impression with his directorial debut Ex Machina,” said Eric Schrier, co-president »
- Joe Otterson
Similar News ItemsOscar Isaac
- Pennywise Can’t Stop Dancing to ‘Hey Ya!’ and More in the Internet’s Best ‘It’ Meme — Watch (From Indiewire. 22 September 2017, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Post-Production Has Officially Wrapped On Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 September 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson announces that Star Wars: The Last Jedi is complete (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Alicia Vikander’s ‘Tomb Raider’ Fights to Top of Social Media Charts (From Variety - Film News. 25 September 2017, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- San Sebastián: Film Factory Swoops on Witchcraft Thriller ’Akelarre’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2017, 11:45 PM, PDT)
- Awesometacular: Jeremy Breaks Down the New ‘Tomb Raider’ Trailer (From Collider.com. 22 September 2017, 12:32 PM, PDT)
- American Made movie review: they’re quite bad fellas, in fact (From FlickFilosopher. 25 September 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Goodbye Christopher Robin (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- 5 Key Details About Star Wars: Episode IX We've Already Got Our Hands On (From BuzzSugar. 22 September 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)