The premiere of “Game of Thrones” Season 7 on Sunday night has become the show’s most-tweeted episode of all time, garnering over 2.4 million tweets.
According to Twitter, the most-tweeted characters included Arya Stark — whose actions involving the Frey family was also a top-tweeted moment — Daenerys Targaryen, Sansa Stark, Cersei Lannister, and Jon Snow. Another top moment was Daenerys and Tyrion’s landing at Dragonstone.
Ed Sheeran’s cameo on the show also received a lot of attention, driving 7% of the conversation, though reactions were mixed, according to audience tracking company Fizziology. Some audience members described his appearance and hearing him sing as distracting and taking them out of the universe.
Viewers also appreciate Arya Stark, referring to her as “bada—” and “savage.” The show’s strong female characters also inspired fans to tweet “the future is female.”
Reactions to the premiere were slightly more negative than last year’s premiere due to Sheeran’s appearance on the »
- Erin Nyren
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- Why Wasn't Thrones' Yara Ready for Battle? Casual Flubs the '90s? What Is Once's Regina Up To? And More Qs! (From TVLine.com. 28 July 2017, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Why Aegon Targaryen's 300-Year-Old Legacy Is So Important to Season 7 of Game of Thrones (From BuzzSugar. 28 July 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Lord of the Rings’ Spoke to 1960s College Kids — and to United Artists (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones Broke Everyone's Hearts With This Emotional Arya Scene (From BuzzSugar. 27 July 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Little Girl Goes Through Whirlwind Of Emotions After Getting Ed Sheeran Tickets (From ET Canada. 27 July 2017, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Usher's Amazing Carpool Karaoke Will Make You Say "Yeah!" (From Popsugar. 26 July 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)