The premiere of “Game of Thrones” Season 7 on Sunday night has become the show’s most-tweeted episode of all time, garnering over 2.4 million tweets.
According to Twitter, the most-tweeted characters included Arya Stark — whose actions involving the Frey family was also a top-tweeted moment — Daenerys Targaryen, Sansa Stark, Cersei Lannister, and Jon Snow. Another top moment was Daenerys and Tyrion’s landing at Dragonstone.
Ed Sheeran’s cameo on the show also received a lot of attention, driving 7% of the conversation, though reactions were mixed, according to audience tracking company Fizziology. Some audience members described his appearance and hearing him sing as distracting and taking them out of the universe.
Viewers also appreciate Arya Stark, referring to her as “bada—” and “savage.” The show’s strong female characters also inspired fans to tweet “the future is female.”
Reactions to the premiere were slightly more negative than last year’s premiere due to Sheeran’s appearance on the »
- Erin Nyren
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- New Justice League promo art unveiled, early box office projections point to $150 million domestic opening (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 1:26 AM, PDT)
- Get a glimpse of Godzilla with King of the Monsters behind-the-scenes photo (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Han Solo Movie: Ron Howard Teases ‘Desperate and Dangerous Times’ in Photos (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2017, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Drake No Longer Has The Most-Streamed Song Ever, Thanks To Ed Sheeran (From MTV Newsroom. 22 September 2017, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- Ed Sheeran Releases Animated Lyric Video For New Single ‘Perfect’ (From ET Canada. 22 September 2017, 6:35 AM, PDT)
- Star Sightings: Sarah Hyland and Julianne Hough Live it Up at the Emmys, Ed Sheeran Visits Hooters & More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 September 2017, 2:05 PM, PDT)