“Feed” — a film written, produced, and starring Bellisario — is inspired by the multi-hyphenate’s own experiences with an eating disorder. The movie, in which she stars opposite “Harry Potter” alum Tom Felton, debuts July 18 on VOD and all digital platforms.
“It had been living in my head for about eight years and had gone through so many different iterations,” Bellisario, 31, tells Variety of the writing process for “Feed” that began when she was 23 years old, roughly four years after her hospitalization for anorexia.
“I had enough distance to begin to write about this experience, and not write about it like a diary entry, but to create a world and characters that are different than my own experience, and »
- Elizabeth Wagmeister
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti Seeks to Raise State Production Tax Incentives to at Least $500 Million (From Variety - TV News. 20 July 2017, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Michael Shannon Joins David O. Russell’s Drama Series at Amazon (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 20 July 2017, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- Shazam To Be Next Project In DC Comics Slate (From Cinelinx. 20 July 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Sdcc: Comic-Con artwork for Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Awesome New Posters For Black Panther And Thor: Ragnarok Unveiled At Sdcc (From We Got This Covered. 20 July 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway to Star in Sci-Fi Thriller ‘O2’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2017, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Darren Aronofsky could direct A.I. courtroom drama (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 12:40 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Troian Bellisario on How 'Feed' Helped Her Examine Her Eating Disorder 'From a Greater Perspective' (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 July 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Alexander Payne's 'Downsizing' to open Venice (From ScreenDaily. 15 July 2017, 4:58 AM, PDT)