Kristoff St. John and his ex-wife, Mia, are still mourning the tragic loss of their son, Julian.
It's been nearly three years since Julian was found dead at age 24 in his room at a mental health care facility in Long Beach, California, after suffering from schizophrenia for years. His death was reported as suicide.
Shortly after, Kristoff and Mia filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the La Casa Psychiatric Health Facility, alleging that nurses and staff members regularly skipped mandatory check-ins and observations of Julian, who was supposed to be on suicide watch and checked on every 15 minutes. The St. Johns alleged that on the day that their son died, surveillance footage showed nobody had checked on him for over an hour before they found him with a bag over his head in the bathroom. They claimed nurses and staff doctored documents to cover up the neglect. The facility denied all allegations at the time.
The lawsuit »
Similar News ItemsKevin Frazier (I)
- Exclusive: Chrissy Teigen and Kelly Rowland Rave About Female Glamour Entrepreneurs at L.A. Beautycon Festival (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 August 2017, 8:17 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Hart and Pregnant Wife Eniko Celebrate First-Year Wedding Anniversary: 'You Will Forever Be My Rib' (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 August 2017, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Chelsea Handler Jokes How 'Narcissist' Blake Shelton Prepared Her for 'Carpool Karaoke' (From Entertainment Tonight. 8 August 2017, 11:18 AM, PDT)
Kristoff St. John (I)
- Five Things You Didn’t Know About Kristoff St. John (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Young And The Restless’ Star Kristoff St. John Opens Up About Son’s Tragic Death: ‘I’m Still Angry’ (From ET Canada. 12 August 2017, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- The Young and the Restless; The Bold and the Beautiful: CBS Renews Soaps Through 2018 and Beyond (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 June 2017, 5:40 PM, PDT)