It seems that audiences are eager to drown out the threat of nuclear armageddon on the Korean peninsula by hitting up the multiplexes this weekend. Nothing makes Americans forget about a looming missile crisis like a demonically possessed children’s toy.
With cable news chyrons blaring the latest in the war of words between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump, “Annabelle: Creation” is shaping up to be a much more potent force than initially anticipated. The Warner Bros. and New Line horror film is on track to bring in as much as $38 million this weekend from 3,502 locations, according to Friday afternoon projections. Some rival studios even think it has a chance of hitting $40 million. No matter where it lands, the opening weekend will be a nice return on the film’s $15 million production budget. It’s also a much bigger debut than the $25 million launch that many were predicting the film would enjoy.
- Brent Lang
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Full Synopsis for P.T. Anderson’s ‘Phantom Thread’ Teases a Unique London-Set Love Story (From Collider.com. 21 October 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”: October Oscar predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 20 October 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Behind The Scenes Photos From The Dark Knight That Every Fan Should See (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Captain Marvel Will Be Very Important To Marvel’s Phase Three Finale (From We Got This Covered. 23 October 2017, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige Reveals How Women Could Contribute to the Marvel Universe After Phase Three (From Indiewire. 23 October 2017, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- George Clooney on Slew of Sexual Harassment Stories: "This Is a Watershed Moment for Society" (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 October 2017, 8:04 PM, PDT)
The Dark Tower (2017)
- The connections between It and The Shining could tell us what even Pennywise fears (From The AV Club. 23 October 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- The Dark Tower 2 In The Works, TV Series Will Be A Complete Reboot (From We Got This Covered. 22 October 2017, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- The Dark Tower TV series will be a complete reboot, says Stephen King (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2017, 3:18 AM, PDT)