“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Daniel Craig is Returning as James Bond, But What His Career Needs is More ‘Logan Lucky’ (From Indiewire. 16 August 2017, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- First Trailer for Yorgos Lanthimos' Devious 'The Killing of a Sacred Deer' (From FirstShowing.net. 16 August 2017, 6:02 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig announces he’s back for Bond 25!! (From HeyUGuys. 16 August 2017, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- Taken: Adam Goldberg (Fargo) Joins Second Season of NBC Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 9:53 PM, PDT)
- Henry Thomas, Elizabeth Reaser and Kate Siegel join Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House (From Flickeringmyth. 15 August 2017, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- ‘Taken’ Season 2 Casts Adam Goldberg as Series Regular (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 15 August 2017, 11:15 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- The Dark Tower Review (From HeyUGuys. 16 August 2017, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- Explore the world of It with a Cinematic Vr Experience (From Flickeringmyth. 16 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Launch ‘It’ Vr Experience Online (From The Hollywood News. 15 August 2017, 11:30 PM, PDT)