“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Summer Slows to a Crawl as 'Hitman's Bodyguard' and 'Logan Lucky' Debut (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 17 August 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan flying to China to support Dunkirk release (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Producer vs. Director: The Case of Zack Snyder (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Amazon Studios, Warner Bros. Teaming on ‘The Goldfinch’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 17 August 2017, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- 10 Things You Should Know About Cable to Make You Psyched He's in Deadpool 2 (From MovieWeb. 16 August 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Taken: Adam Goldberg (Fargo) Joins Second Season of NBC Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 August 2017, 9:53 PM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- Box Office: It Reboot Poised For Huge $50 Million-Plus Opening Weekend (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Return To Hawkins With Heartwarming Bts Photos For Netflix’s Stranger Things (From We Got This Covered. 17 August 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘It’ Remake to Scare Away Box Office Slump With Record $50 Million Opening (From The Wrap. 17 August 2017, 1:06 PM, PDT)