“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- The Craziest Hollywood Movies of the 21st Century — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 18 September 2017, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Darren Aronofsky Wanted Joaquin Phoenix To Be His Batman (From The Playlist. 18 September 2017, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Darren Aronofsky Wanted Joaquin Phoenix to Star in His Batman Movie, Which Was Too Dark to Get Made (From Indiewire. 17 September 2017, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson out of Action (From The Cultural Post. 14 September 2017, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Photos: Deadline Studio At Tiff 2017 – Part 4: Jim Carrey, Alicia Vikander, Liam Neeson, Claire Foy, Gary Oldman & More (From Deadline. 14 September 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Commuter’ Trailer: Mass Transit No Convenience For Liam Neeson (From Deadline. 14 September 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- Stephen King's It scares off competition at UK box office as Mother! divides and falls (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 September 2017, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Gotham Jumps on the Scary Clown Train with More Scarecrow Footage (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 18 September 2017, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M – Monday Final (From Deadline. 18 September 2017, 2:32 PM, PDT)