“Annabelle: Creation” may not be able to save the summer — which, after this weekend, will only fall farther behind last year’s pace — but it is doing its part to frighten audiences into theaters.
The latest from New Line and Warner Bros, which serves as the fourth installment in what has become the “Conjuring” extended universe, is casting its evil eye on $35 million from 3,502 locations. That’s a strong start for the horror flick, which was made for about $15 million.
The track record for the franchise is strong — “Annabelle” ($37.1 million); “The Conjuring” ($41.9 million); and “The Conjuring 2” ($40.4 million). David F. Sandberg directed the sequel about a dollmaker whose creation terrorizes a group of orphan girls. For those invested in the “Conjuring” canon, it serves as a prequel to the first “Annabelle.” Stephanie Sigman, Talitha Bateman, Anthony Lapaglia, and Miranda Otto star in the pic that critics have generally given a thumbs up »
- Seth Kelley
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- 10 Most Anticipated New Films of Oscar Season (From Variety - Film News. 23 August 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- How Matt Reeves’ The Batman Will Differ From The Dark Knight (From Screen Rant. 23 August 2017, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- The Internet Reacts To News Of A Joker Origin Movie (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2017, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Has The Name Of Emilia Clarke’s Character In The Han Solo Prequel Been Revealed? (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2017, 11:41 AM, PDT)
- Michael K. Williams Has Reportedly Been Cut From The Star Wars Han Solo Film (From The Hollywood News. 23 August 2017, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- New Avengers: Infinity War character, Han Solo cameo, new Blade Runner 2049 footage and more – Daily News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 22 August 2017, 11:48 PM, PDT)
- "Twin Peaks," Episode 15 Recap: How Beautiful Is This (From MUBI. 22 August 2017, 11:23 AM, PDT)
- Harrelson and Pattinson head for Deauville by Richard Mowe - 2017-08-22 12:02:10 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 22 August 2017, 4:02 AM, PDT)
- ‘Friends From College’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix (From Variety - TV News. 21 August 2017, 1:06 PM, PDT)