As movie studios try to figure out how make their films critic proof, they can at least rest assured horror movies will always bring audiences out no matter the reviews. And this weekend, moviegoers wanted to get scared.
“Annabelle: Creation” led the pack at the box office, hauling in $35 million. It’s slightly under the $37 million launch of its predecessor, but ‘Creation’ fared much better with critics, and with a low budget of $15 million its going to earn a decent buck for New Line.
- Kevin Jagernauth
Similar News ItemsAnnabelle: Creation (2017)
- October 24th Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Annabelle: Creation, War For The Planet Of The Apes, The Old Dark House (From DailyDead. 23 October 2017, 6:29 PM, PDT)
- Release Date for DC's Shazam Movie Announced (From Cinelinx. 23 October 2017, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- Shazam director confirms April 2019 release date (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2017, 8:40 PM, PDT)
The Glass Castle (2017)
- Naomi Watts to Topline Psychological Thriller “The Wolf Hour” (From Women and Hollywood. 23 October 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Naomi Watts to star in psychological thriller The Wolf Hour (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2017, 10:20 PM, PDT)
- new and ongoing cinema releases, UK/Ire, from Oct 20 (From FlickFilosopher. 20 October 2017, 1:39 PM, PDT)