As movie studios try to figure out how make their films critic proof, they can at least rest assured horror movies will always bring audiences out no matter the reviews. And this weekend, moviegoers wanted to get scared.
“Annabelle: Creation” led the pack at the box office, hauling in $35 million. It’s slightly under the $37 million launch of its predecessor, but ‘Creation’ fared much better with critics, and with a low budget of $15 million its going to earn a decent buck for New Line.
- Kevin Jagernauth
Similar News ItemsAnnabelle: Creation (2017)
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal snapped post a screening of the film ‘Annabelle: Creation’ (From BollywoodHungama. 18 August 2017, 8:51 PM, PDT)
- Conjuring Universe Passes $1 Billion At Worldwide Box Office (From Screen Rant. 18 August 2017, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- The Horror Movie Jump Scare Actually Has a History (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
The Glass Castle (2017)
- new and ongoing cinema releases, Us/Can, from Aug 18 (From FlickFilosopher. 18 August 2017, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Why Oscar-Winning Stars Flopped at the Summer Box Office (From Indiewire. 16 August 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Will Hitman's Bodyguard or Logan Lucky Be the Last Big Hit of Summer? (From MovieWeb. 15 August 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)