“The Hitman’s Bodyguard” won’t have to fight hard to claim the new No. 1 spot in the box office. The late summer entry starring Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to easily win this rather slow weekend.
Lionsgate’s buddy action comedy is shooting towards a $20 million debut after taking in $8 million from 3,377 theaters on Friday, including Thursday night previews. While that number is on the higher end of early estimates, it’s still one of the smallest opening weekends for a first place film in 2017.
In its second frame, “Annabelle: Creation” from Warner Bros. falls to a still-respectable second place. The fourth film in the “Conjuring Universe” is on track for a $15 million showing after bringing in $5 million from 3,542 locations on Friday.
Film Review: ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’
The weekend’s other new entry, “Logan Lucky,” isn’t faring as well as the title would have you believe. Bleecker »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- New Line Cinema sets It: Chapter Two release date (From Flickeringmyth. 26 September 2017, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- It 2 Floats, Too (From FilmExperience. 26 September 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Britain’s Channel 4 Picks Up ‘Young Sheldon’ (From Variety - TV News. 26 September 2017, 4:05 AM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Today in Movie Culture: Batman vs. Pennywise, Ridley Scott Breaks Down a 'Blade Runner' Scene and More (From Movies.com. 25 September 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Rumour: Matt Damon to cameo in Thor: Ragnarok (From Flickeringmyth. 25 September 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Best Director – Is It Christopher Nolan’s to Lose? (From AwardsDaily. 25 September 2017, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Gambit Movie Details Reveal a Big Heist and Mr. Sinister (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2017, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum films: 12 greatest films ranked worst to best include ‘Magic Mike,’ ’21 Jump Street,’ ‘Foxcatcher,’ ‘Logan Lucky’ (From Gold Derby. 25 September 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum Forbids ‘Magic Mike Live’ Dancers From Sex With Audience Members? (From GossipCop. 25 September 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)