“The Hitman’s Bodyguard” won’t have to fight hard to claim the new No. 1 spot in the box office. The late summer entry starring Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to easily win this rather slow weekend.
Lionsgate’s buddy action comedy is shooting towards a $20 million debut after taking in $8 million from 3,377 theaters on Friday, including Thursday night previews. While that number is on the higher end of early estimates, it’s still one of the smallest opening weekends for a first place film in 2017.
In its second frame, “Annabelle: Creation” from Warner Bros. falls to a still-respectable second place. The fourth film in the “Conjuring Universe” is on track for a $15 million showing after bringing in $5 million from 3,542 locations on Friday.
Film Review: ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’
The weekend’s other new entry, “Logan Lucky,” isn’t faring as well as the title would have you believe. Bleecker »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Taika Waititi now in talks for the live-action Akira movie (From The AV Club. 19 September 2017, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- Could ‘Kingsman’ or ‘Lego Ninjago’ Dethrone ‘It’ as Box Office Champ? (From The Wrap. 19 September 2017, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 2:28 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- 2018 Best Director Oscars Predictions (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- 2018 Best Original Screenplay Oscars Predictions (From The Playlist. 19 September 2017, 3:16 PM, PDT)
- The Oscars Race After the Festivals: Are We Still Just Waiting for Spielberg? (From The Wrap. 19 September 2017, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors: It’s Just a ‘Food Baby’ (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle review – spy sequel reaches new heights of skyscraping silliness (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 September 2017, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Spy Sequel Provides Bugger All in the Way of Fun (From The Wrap. 18 September 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)