The network has given the new single-camera series, currently titled “Guess Who Died,” a pilot production commitment. Based on Lear’s personal experience of working well into his 90’s, the series is described as a humorous and inspiring look at the shared joys and challenges people experience at any stage of life.
Lear and Tolan will serve as executive producers and writers, with Brent Miller also executive producing. Lear’s Act III Productions and Tolan’s Cloudland Company will produce along with Sony Pictures Television. Cloudland is set up under an overall deal at Sony.
Lear is a television legend, having created, produced, and written classic shows such as “Good Times,” “Maude,” “The Jeffersons,” “All in the Family,” and “One Day at a Time.” He has been nominated for 11 Emmy Awards during his storied career, winning »
- Joe Otterson
Similar News ItemsDenis Leary
- CNN Strikes New Hulu Deal for CNN Films, CNN Original Series (From Variety - TV News. 10 July 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Spider-Man’ Radical Redesigns: How Sam Raimi, Marc Webb and Jon Watts Updated Spidey and His Villains for Each Reboot (From Indiewire. 5 July 2017, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: The Sandlot director has a new baseball movie ready to go (From The AV Club. 3 May 2017, 11:23 AM, PDT)
Sony Pictures Television [us]
- Stana Katic's Absentia Gets Global Premiere Dates as U.S. News Looms (From TVLine.com. 25 September 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Stana Katic Thriller ‘Absentia’ Sets Overseas Premiere Dates On Sony’s Axn (From Deadline TV. 25 September 2017, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Swat: David Lim Signed as Series Regular for New CBS Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 September 2017, 1:10 PM, PDT)
"Rescue Me" (2004)
- TV News Roundup: Francia Raisa, Jordan Buhat Cast in Freeform’s ‘Grown-ish’ (From Variety - TV News. 30 August 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Norman Lear’s Golden-Years Comedy ‘Guess Who Died’ Heads to NBC (From The Wrap. 22 August 2017, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- Norman Lear & Peter Tolan’s ‘Guess Who Died’ Comedy Lands At NBC With Big Commitment (From Deadline TV. 22 August 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)