Speaking at the Toronto International Film Festival today, Liam Neeson announced his retirement from action films. Acknowledging that fans consider him to have special skills in that area, he argued "Guys, I'm sixty fucking five. Audiences are eventually going to go come on!"
Getting into action was an accident in the first place, he said. He has always relished serious roles such as those afforded to him by Schindler's List, Kinsey and, more recently, Martin Scorsese's Silence. despite the fact that studios are still "throwing money" at him to do action films, it's the serious roles that he'd like to concentrate on at this stage in his career.
Neeson is in Toronto to promote Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down The White House, in which he plays the title character - the mysterious source in the »
- Jennie Kermode
Similar News ItemsMartin Scorsese (I)
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: 7 Things You Need to Know Before Seeing Denis Villeneuve’s Sequel (From Indiewire. 21 September 2017, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- The Joker Origins Movie Already Has A Completed Script, May Shoot In 2018 (From We Got This Covered. 21 September 2017, 8:57 AM, PDT)
- The Joker origins movie screenplay nearly ready (From Den of Geek. 20 September 2017, 10:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Commuter’ International Teaser Trailer: Liam Neeson’s Latest Looks Ludicrous (From Slash Film. 21 September 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- New trailer and image from action thriller ‘The Commuter’ (From Blogomatic3000. 21 September 2017, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Review: Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House (Tiff) (From JoBlo. 21 September 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
Diane Lane (I)
- Photos: Deadline Studio At Tiff 2017 – Part 4: Jim Carrey, Alicia Vikander, Liam Neeson, Claire Foy, Gary Oldman & More (From Deadline. 14 September 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- 'Wonder Woman' In "Marie Claire" (From SneakPeek. 13 September 2017, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson Retiring from Action Movies: 'Guys I'm Sixty-f---ing-Five' (From PEOPLE.com. 13 September 2017, 10:23 AM, PDT)