Sinéad O’Connor made an emotional appearance on the season 16 premiere of Dr. Phil on Tuesday, breaking into tears while detailing the years of horrifying physical, sexual and emotional abuse she suffered at the hands of her late mother, Marie.
But among the many revelations in the heart-breaking hour was O’Connor’s insistence that she doesn’t hold resentment towards her mother, and has even forgiven the woman for the abuse.
“I hate not being able to love her,” O’Connor said of Marie — who died in a car crash in 1986 when O’Connor was just 19 years old. “I »
- Dave Quinn
Similar News Items"Dr. Phil" (2002)
- The "Cash Me Outside" teen has a record deal (From The AV Club. 16 September 2017, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- ‘Cash Me Outside’ Girl Danielle Bregoli, Aka Rapper Bhad Bhabie, Inks Atlantic Records Deal (From The Wrap. 15 September 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- Oprah Winfrey’s First ‘60 Minutes’ Story to Air in Season Premiere (From Variety - TV News. 14 September 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)
Phil McGraw (I)
- Sinead O’Connor Details Years of Physical and Sexual Abuse at the Hands of Her Mother: ‘She Ran a Torture Chamber' (From PEOPLE.com. 11 September 2017, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- New Dr. Phil Season Premiere To Feature Sinead O’Connor: ‘She Actually Called Me’ (From ET Canada. 7 September 2017, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Dr. Phil Plugs His Season Debut Interview With Sinead O’Connor While Visiting Jimmy Kimmel (From Deadline TV. 7 September 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
Te extraño (2010)
- Husker Du Drummer Grant Hart Dies at 56 Following Cancer Battle (From PEOPLE.com. 14 September 2017, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- Property Brothers' Drew Scott Has Already Lost 27 Lbs. in DWTS Training: 'I Feel Great' (From PEOPLE.com. 12 September 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Aspiring Pastor Accused of Killing Wife in His Sleep Blames Cold Medicine: ‘I Can’t Believe I Did This’ (From PEOPLE.com. 4 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)