Rebel Wilson had a Pitch Perfect payday on Wednesday, when she was awarded $3.66 million by an Australian judge in a defamation case against a magazine publisher who printed articles that she said cost her film roles in Hollywood.
The 37-year-old star had sued Bauer Media — publisher of the Australian magazines Woman’s Day, Australian Women’s Weekly, Nw and Ok — after they published reports in 2015 claiming she lied about her age, origins of her first name and her upbringing.
The articles cited a former classmate, who accused the Bridesmaids star of being seven years older than what the media had been reporting. »
- Dave Quinn
Similar News ItemsBridesmaids (2011/I)
- Melissa McCarthy Shines In Trailer For Never-Before-Released 2007 Comedy (From ET Canada. 19 September 2017, 8:24 PM, PDT)
- See Melissa McCarthy's Slapstick Genius Shine in 'Cook Off!' Trailer (From Rolling Stone. 19 September 2017, 6:21 PM, PDT)
- ‘Cook Off!’ Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Comedy Reheated Ten Years Later (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Rebel Wilson Gets $3.6 Million in Defamation Lawsuit (From TVovermind.com. 15 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Rebel Wilson Wins Millions in Landmark Lawsuit, Gives Money to Charity (From MovieWeb. 13 September 2017, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Rebel Wilson Awarded $3.6 Million In Damages From Tabloid Publisher Bauer Media (From Uinterview. 13 September 2017, 9:38 AM, PDT)
Pitch Perfect (2012)
- Rebel Wilson Receives Record Settlement in Defamation Lawsuit (From Women and Hollywood. 13 September 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Anna Kendrick Pitches Hulu in TV Ad Campaign (From Variety - TV News. 12 September 2017, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Melissa McCarthy, Lance Bass and More Celebs Who Are Just as Obsessed with HomeGoods as the Rest of Us (From PEOPLE.com. 11 September 2017, 8:18 AM, PDT)