Just two days before Hurricane Irma hit Florida on Willow Stine’s third birthday, the toddler’s family received heartbreaking news: Willow had leukemia and would need to be admitted to the hospital immediately for chemotherapy treatment.
As the hurricane roared in, Willow’s mother, Jennifer Stine, 39, quickly realized that she’d brought nothing with her to the hospital to celebrate Willow’s birthday that weekend. She didn’t have a cake, decorations or presents, and Willow’s dad, Shaun, and 4-year-old sister, Eden, were hunkered down at home in Wesley Chapel, Florida, 45 miles away.
“Friday was the scariest moment of my life, »
- Cathy Free
Similar News ItemsSunday Afternoon (2000)
- Bad Football Fan Behavior: Raiders Fans Wail Away at Each Other in Violent Post-Game Brawl (From Mediaite - TV. 20 September 2017, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Flipping Fantastic! Britney Spears Shows Off Her Gymnastics Skills in a New Workout Video (From PEOPLE.com. 19 September 2017, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- Erin Andrews' NFL Style Diary: How the Game Day Reporter Survived a Rain Delay and 3 Outfit Changes (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2017, 1:40 PM, PDT)
Lindsay Jones (XII)
- ‘Rwby’: Why You Should Be Watching Rooster Teeth’s Hit Anime Sensation (From Collider.com. 11 July 2017, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dry Powder’ Theater Review: Claire Danes, John Krasinski Level Low Blows Over High Finance (From The Wrap. 22 March 2016, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- Rooster Teeth Drops ‘X-Ray & Vav’ Season Two Trailer, Talks ‘Lazer Team’ At Comic-Con (From Tubefilter News. 13 July 2015, 3:09 PM, PDT)