After “It’s” stunning performance last weekend, there is no question: the killer clown will once again float to the top of the box office charts.
New Line’s adaptation of the Stephen King novel shattered records with a $123 million debut — the biggest opening ever for the month of September. Even with a steep 60% drop, the movie would make about $50 million, which would certainly be enough to top the fresh competition. Since its opening weekend, “It” has earned $8.8 million on Monday and $11.4 million on Tuesday — the later figure is a record among horror movies and for the month of September.
Venice Film Review: Jennifer Lawrence in ‘mother!’
While “It” has been praised by some horror fans for its hard R rating, the MPAA attribution is shared by this weekend’s two new wide release entries. Starting with “American Assassin,” a joint production between CBS Films and Lionsgate. The adaptation of Vince Flynn’s 2010 novel of the »
- Seth Kelley
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Listen to Darren Aronofsky and William Friedkin Discuss ‘mother!’ in a 30-Minute Talk (From The Film Stage. 20 September 2017, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- Mismarketing ‘mother!': Festival Obsession Can’t Find an Audience (From The Wrap. 20 September 2017, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- Age of ‘mother!’ during the ‘Age of Ultron’: Auteur vs Tentpole (From Age of the Nerd. 20 September 2017, 5:21 PM, PDT)
- New Thor: Ragnarok IMAX Poster Is a Jaw-Dropping Stunner (From MovieWeb. 20 September 2017, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- BidSlate Teams With Premiere Digital on Delivery Platform (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Everything We Know About the Girl in the Spider's Web (From BuzzSugar. 15 September 2017, 1:50 PM, PDT)
Black Swan (2010)
- ‘mother!’ is the Smartest Comedy of 2017 (From Indiewire. 20 September 2017, 10:35 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Doesn't Care How Much You Hate Mother!, Ok? (From BuzzSugar. 20 September 2017, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- 5 reasons to see mother! (From Cineplex. 19 September 2017, 2:11 PM, PDT)