Disney, one of Argentina’s most decisive movie players, has acquired rights to Argentina and the rest of Latin America to Constanza Novick’s “El futuro que viene” (The Future Ahead), produced by preeminent Argentine director Lisandro Alonso (“Jauja,” “Liverpool”).
Novick’s feature debut, “The Future Ahead” has just had its world premiere at the Toronto Festival, screening in its Discovery section. The Disney deal adds to an international sales agent’s pick-up of world sales rights to “The Future Ahead” by Paris-based Loco Films, announced over the weekend.
The distributor in Argentina of not only its own movies but much of the cream of Argentine titles, many sourced from local production house Patagonik, a Disney joint venture with Argentina’s Artear, Disney will release “The Future Ahead” in Argentina on Oct. 12.
- John Hopewell
Similar News ItemsLisandro Alonso
- Smt Thursday Trailers: ‘Rat Film’ (From Age of the Nerd. 22 September 2017, 12:56 AM, PDT)
- Tiff Review: In ‘Jeannette: The Childhood of Joan of Arc,’ Bruno Dumont Gestures Toward Complete Reinvention (From The Film Stage. 13 September 2017, 4:53 AM, PDT)
- Loco Films Nabs World Sales on Contanza Novick’s Toronto Player ‘The Future Ahead’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2017, 6:14 AM, PDT)
- Mumbai Festival to Honor Monica Bellucci (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2017, 2:08 AM, PDT)
- 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' Director John Madden to Head Mumbai Film Fest Jury (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 14 September 2017, 2:13 AM, PDT)
- Monica Bellucci, Agnès Varda to Receive Donostia Awards at San Sebastián (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2017, 5:36 AM, PDT)
John Glen (II)
- George Clooney Stars in New Omega Watch Ad with Buzz Aldrin (From PEOPLE.com. 25 July 2017, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Win Hidden Figures on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 26 June 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Win Hidden Figures on Blu-ray (From The Cultural Post. 15 June 2017, 6:32 AM, PDT)