Fox News on Tuesday moved to dismiss a controversial lawsuit levying the wild allegation that employees of the 21st Century Fox-owned cable-news network fabricated quotes in a now-retracted article about a murdered Democratic National Committee operative and helped spark a furious round of speculation about Fox News’ role in potentially spreading false information.
In filings made in United States District Court in the Southern District of New York, Fox News and Ed Butowsky and Malia Zimmerman, who were involved in the matter, claim the allegations are “overloaded with sensationalistic allegations,” and suggest “his case is one in search of a viable legal theory.” Fox News also sought to move the matter to arbitration, claiming its agreement with Wheeler required disputes to be handled by mediation.
The filings are the latest twist in a case filled with outlandish charges and counterclaims.
- Brian Steinberg
Similar News ItemsDonald J. Trump
- Donald Trump Says On Twitter He Will Likely Release Long-Awaited ‘JFK’ Files (From ET Canada. 21 October 2017, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Donald Trump Tells Maria Bartiromo: “I Was So Nice” During Condolence Call (From Deadline TV. 21 October 2017, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Alec Baldwin to Run for President? (From E! Online. 21 October 2017, 12:23 PM, PDT)
"Fox News" (1987)
- You Can’t Unsee Megyn Kelly and Hoda Kotb Awkwardly Dancing on the ‘Today’ Show (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 October 2017, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Will Weinstein Scandal Change Things for Women and Sexual Harassment? What You Need to Know (From PEOPLE.com. 18 October 2017, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Gretchen Carlson Says She Showed Trump’s ‘Access Hollywood’ Tape to Her Children (Video) (From The Wrap. 17 October 2017, 7:39 PM, PDT)
- ‘Hannity’ Plans Las Vegas Tribute Tonight: Big & Rich, Rascal Flatts To Perform (From Deadline TV. 20 October 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Sean Hannity Goes Hollywood, Plugging Faith-Based Kevin Sorbo Movie He Produced (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 October 2017, 7:14 AM, PDT)
- Jake Tapper Shuts Down Bill O’Reilly in Tweet Clap Back (From The Wrap. 18 October 2017, 3:39 PM, PDT)