Cannes — China’s “Princess Agents,” Scandinavia’s “Match” and the U.K.’s “Hard Sun” (pictured) will be sneak-peaked at Mipcom’s Fresh TV Fiction showcase, as its presenter, The Wit’s Virginia Mouseler, focuses on three trends now coursing through international TV: The rise of Asia, led by China; a dilution of Nordic Noir; consolidation of social-issue-edged drama.
“There may be a lot of buzz at this year’s Mipcom about international co-production and big new Svod series. But there are no major creative trends or big new program genres,” anticipated The Wit’s Bertrand Villegas.
What The Wit will capture, however, in several series, and industry moves, is how the international scripted industry is caught at a multiple-exit cross-roads. As foreign-language drama’s move into higher-end TV shows little sign of abating, it is attempting to satisfy both new experiments in web series and upscale drama innovation with the needs of more traditional markets, linear »
- John Hopewell
Similar News ItemsAntonio Banderas
- Banderas kicks ass & demands answers in exclusive Acts of Vengeance clip (From JoBlo. 5 October 2017, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- 10 Worst Reviewed Films on Rotten Tomatoes, From ‘Ridiculous 6’ to ‘Pinocchio’ (Photos) (From The Wrap. 30 September 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- San Sebastian: Movistar +, Basque Standouts Bring New Energy to Spanish Fest (From Variety - Film News. 29 September 2017, 8:11 AM, PDT)
BBC One [gb]
- Axed! Who killed Crimewatch – and why? (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 October 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Liv Tyler Joins Hulu's Harlots (From TVLine.com. 16 October 2017, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Ed Sheeran Shows Off Arm in a Cast After Bike Accident (From PEOPLE.com. 16 October 2017, 5:38 AM, PDT)
David Shore (I)
- Asian American TV Producers Speak Out About Making the Shows They Want, Whether or Not Networks Are on Board (From Indiewire Television. 12 October 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Asian American TV Producers Speak Out About Making the Shows They Want, Whether or Not Networks Are on Board (From Indiewire. 12 October 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Dae Kim Inks First-Look Deal With ITV Studios America (From Deadline TV. 11 October 2017, 8:56 AM, PDT)