James Van Der Beek has revealed his own experiences of sexual harassment at the hands of ‘older, powerful men’ in Hollywood, as the allegations around Harvey Weinstein continue to engulf the film industry.
Van Der Beek made the claims on Twitter in a series of posts that offered support to the women who had spoken out against Weinstein. “For anyone judging the women who stayed silent, read this for perspective. Also for anyone brushing off harassment as ‘boys being boys’,” he wrote, linking to an article from fashion website The Cut that detailed a writer’s hotel-room experience with a ‘powerful man’.
Continue reading »
- Gwilym Mumford
Similar News ItemsHarvey Weinstein
- Lindsay Lohan Declares She Supports 'Women Empowerment' After Defending Harvey Weinstein on Instagram (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2017, 9:23 PM, PDT)
- Lupita Nyong'o Says Harvey Weinstein Threatened Her Career After She Refused His Advances (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2017, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Lupita Nyong’o Shares Bombshell Harvey Weinstein Allegation, Felt ‘Sick In The Pit Of My Stomach’ (From ET Canada. 19 October 2017, 7:26 PM, PDT)
James Van Der Beek
- The Challenge's Ammo Pens #MeToo Essay About Sexual Abuse by Ex-Boyfriend: 'I Barely Felt Like a Person At All' (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2017, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Terry Crews' Wife Says Hollywood Execs Find Loopholes to Dodge the Law (From TMZ. 13 October 2017, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Actors Speak Out About Harassment and Assault + More Industry News (From Backstage. 13 October 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
"Dawson's Creek" (1998)
- Katie Holmes Exudes Elegance in Off-the-Shoulder Embellished Gown (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 October 2017, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- James Van Der Beek Shares Sexual Assault Experiences as a Young Actor (From MovieWeb. 12 October 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- James Van Der Beek Reveals He Was Sexually Harassed by "Older, Powerful Men" (From E! Online. 12 October 2017, 6:28 AM, PDT)