Ansel Elgort recently landed the role of Theo. John Crowley is on board to direct.
Warner and RatPac had picked up rights to Donna Tartt’s Pulitzer-winning book back in 2014. RatPac is also an investor on the film as well as a producer. “Goldfinch” tells the story of a young man named Theodore Decker who survives a terrorist bombing at an art museum — an attack that kills his mother. From there, he tumbles through a series of adventures that finds him living in Las Vegas with his deadbeat father and, later, involved in art forgeries.
Earlier this year, Amazon Studios agreed to co-finance the film, which will go into production at the start of 2018. As part of the pact, Amazon will invest more than a third of the movie’s budget »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Film News Roundup: Paul Allen’s Vulcan Productions Backs Oliver Sacks Documentary (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2017, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- Justice League 2 Already In Development (From We Got This Covered. 20 October 2017, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- Event Report: Warner Bros. Studio Tour’s “Horror Made Here” Halloween Celebration is an Exciting Mix of Small-Town Fun and Hollywood Scares (From DailyDead. 20 October 2017, 4:46 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”: October Oscar predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 20 October 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Behind The Scenes Photos From The Dark Knight That Every Fan Should See (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Did Scott Derrickson Just Confirm His Involvement With Doctor Strange 2? (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases (From Movies.com. 10 October 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Ansel Elgort and Lily James Put Their Chemistry to the Test in 'Baby Driver' Bonus Feature (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 October 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 5 Reasons why you need to see Baby Driver (From Cineplex. 10 October 2017, 8:46 AM, PDT)