Ansel Elgort recently landed the role of Theo. John Crowley is on board to direct.
Warner and RatPac had picked up rights to Donna Tartt’s Pulitzer-winning book back in 2014. RatPac is also an investor on the film as well as a producer. “Goldfinch” tells the story of a young man named Theodore Decker who survives a terrorist bombing at an art museum — an attack that kills his mother. From there, he tumbles through a series of adventures that finds him living in Las Vegas with his deadbeat father and, later, involved in art forgeries.
Earlier this year, Amazon Studios agreed to co-finance the film, which will go into production at the start of 2018. As part of the pact, Amazon will invest more than a third of the movie’s budget »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Report: Lego Dimensions has been cancelled (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2017, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Is Luke Skywalker evil, Wonder Woman Oscar campaign beings, new Justice League banner and more – Daily News Roundup (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2017, 12:10 AM, PDT)
- It: Chapter Two Could Be A Psychedelic Trip Into The Mind Of Pennywise (From We Got This Covered. 18 October 2017, 4:35 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Movie Talk: The Crew Pitches Their Own Ideas for a ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff (From Collider.com. 18 October 2017, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- Heath Ledger Wanted Christian Bale To Hit Him In ‘The Dark Knight’ (From The Playlist. 18 October 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman Launches Oscar Campaign (From MovieWeb. 18 October 2017, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Comes Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases (From Movies.com. 10 October 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Ansel Elgort and Lily James Put Their Chemistry to the Test in 'Baby Driver' Bonus Feature (Exclusive) (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 October 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 5 Reasons why you need to see Baby Driver (From Cineplex. 10 October 2017, 8:46 AM, PDT)