TV’s endless wave of remakes and revivals keeps coming: NBC is developing a drama series based on the 2002 surf movie Blue Crush.
The new take, still in the early stages of development, will be written by Hannah Schneider (Reign), according to The Hollywood Reporter. Like the original film, NBC’s Blue Crush will follow a young female surfer on Hawaii’s North Shore who looks to rebuild her career as a competitive surfer after surviving a life-threatening accident.
NBC will produce the potential series in partnership with Imagine TV, with Brian Grazer serving as an executive producer. (Grazer also »
Similar News ItemsTina Fey
- Chris Brown's Name Cut From '30 Rock' Episode (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 18 October 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Chris Brown's Name Cut From '30 Rock' Episode (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 18 October 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence to Receive Sherry Lansing Award at Hollywood Reporter Women in Entertainment Breakfast (From Look to the Stars. 16 October 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
Michelle Rodriguez (I)
- Fast & Furious 8: DVD boxsets to be won! (From Den of Geek. 16 October 2017, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- Competition: Win ‘Fast & Furious 8’ On Blu-ray™ (From The Hollywood News. 16 October 2017, 3:06 AM, PDT)
- See How They Made It ‘Rain Cars’ In Our Exclusive ‘Fast & Furious 8’ Clip (From The Hollywood News. 16 October 2017, 2:54 AM, PDT)
- Francie Calfo Promoted To Chairman of Imagine Television Group (From Deadline TV. 18 October 2017, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- This Is Us Recap: The Gig of a Lifetime (From TVLine.com. 17 October 2017, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- 2017 Ida Documentary Awards Nominees Announced, Including ‘Icarus,’ ‘The Keepers,’ and ‘The Vietnam War’ (From Indiewire. 16 October 2017, 8:12 AM, PDT)