Top News

The Partridge Family's David Cassidy Dies at 67

The Partridge Family's David Cassidy Dies at 67
David Cassidy has died, his family tells People in an exclusive statement.

“On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy,” his family said in a statement Tuesday. “David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years.”

The actor, widely known for his starring role as Keith Partridge on the 1970s series The Partridge Family,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Dan Harmon on ‘Community’ Movie: Justin Lin and I Are ‘Trying’ to Make It Happen

  • The Wrap
Dan Harmon on ‘Community’ Movie: Justin Lin and I Are ‘Trying’ to Make It Happen
Will “Community” fans’ long-held dream of “six seasons and a movie” finally come to fruition? Dan Harmon, who created the heralded comedy series that signed off in June 2015 after Season 6, told TheWrap that the show’s long-hoped-for feature film may still happen. Harmon’s optimism remains alive due in part to a number of individuals who worked on the show and now hold considerable clout in Hollywood. This includes “Community” executive producers Joe and Anthony Russo, who directed the show’s pilot before helming such high-profile movies as “Captain America: Civil War” and the upcoming “Avengers: Infinity War.”
See full article at The Wrap »

Andy Serkis Joins Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron in ‘Flarsky’

Andy Serkis Joins Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron in ‘Flarsky’
Andy Serkis is joining Lionsgate’s Charlize Theron-Seth Rogen feature film “Flarsky,” portraying a media mogul who employs Rogen’s journalist character.

Flarsky” is directed by Jonathan Levine from Dan Sterling’s script. The comedy is currently shooting in Montreal. Lionsgate has set a Feb. 9, 2019, release date.

Rogen is playing the titular Fred Flarsky, battered by his own misfortune and self-destructive ways, who endeavors to pursue Theron’s character — his childhood crush and babysitter, who now happens to be the U.S. Secretary of State and is one of the most unattainable women on earth.

Serkis portrayed the lead character Caesar in Fox’s “War for the Planet of the Apes.” He made his directorial debut on “Breathe,” starring Andrew Garfield and Claire Foy, and is in post-production on the live-action “Jungle Book,” which Warner Bros. will open on Oct. 19.

Rogen’s Point Grey Pictures, Theron’s Denver and Delilah Films, and [link=co
See full article at Variety - Film News »

'Coco' Hopes to Add Disney's Legacy at the Thanksgiving Box Office

'Coco' Hopes to Add Disney's Legacy at the Thanksgiving Box Office
One look at the Thanksgiving opening weekend records shows how important the holiday has been to Disney, which currently holds nine of the top ten three-day and five-day opening weekend records including last year's Moana, which opened with $82 million over the five-day holiday, the second largest of all-time. This weekend the studio debuts the latest Pixar feature, Coco, which has already become the largest single release in Mexico and looks to make an impact domestically this weekend. Coco will be opening in 3,987 locations starting Wednesday, with industry estimates anticipating a five-day opening in the $55-60 million range. This would be enough to challenge the studio's The Good Dinosaur for the fifth largest five-day Thanksgiving opening ever and based on the data we're looking at we're expecting it to go even higher. IMDb page view data shows Coco surging ahead of titles such as Good Dinosaur, Sing and even Moana leading up to release.
See full article at Box Office Mojo »

John Lasseter Takes Leave of Absence From Disney/Pixar, Apologizes for Unwanted Hugs

John Lasseter Takes Leave of Absence From Disney/Pixar, Apologizes for Unwanted Hugs
John Lasseter, the head of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios and one of the most powerful figures in the entertainment industry, acknowledged Tuesday that he had crossed the line with employees. He is taking a six-month leave of absence.

Lasseter sent a memo to staff apologizing for making employees feel disrespected or uncomfortable, Variety has confirmed.

“That was never my intent,” he wrote. “Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down. I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form.”

Lasseter is taking a leave as several prominent Hollywood figures are grappling with allegations of sexual harassment. His name has continued to be mentioned privately, with a number of former Pixar employees telling Variety that he has behaved inappropriately and describing a culture
See full article at Variety - Film News »

‘Get Out,’ ‘Call Me by Your Name,’ ‘Good Time’ Top Indie Spirit Awards Nominations

‘Get Out,’ ‘Call Me by Your Name,’ ‘Good Time’ Top Indie Spirit Awards Nominations
The Florida Project,” “Lady Bird,” “Get Out,” “Call Me by Your Name” and “The Rider” have been nominated as the best independent films of 2017 at the Film Independent Spirit Awards, Film Independent announced on Tuesday.

Luca Guadagnino’s “Call Me by Your Name” received the most nominations, six, followed by “Get Out” and “Good Time” with five and “Lady Bird” and “The Rider” with four.

Acting nominees included Salma Hayek for “Beatriz at Dinner,” Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell for “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri,” Holly Hunter for “The Big Sick,” Saoirse Ronan and Laurie Metcalf for “Lady Bird” and Armie.
See full article at The Wrap »

CBS Terminates Charlie Rose Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations

CBS Terminates Charlie Rose Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations
CBS News has terminated its relationship Charlie Rose on Tuesday, one day after the Washington Post reported multiple accusations of sexual misconduct against the longtime news show host. The network on Monday first suspended Rose, who co-anchored “CBS This Morning” and appeared as an occasional correspondent on the primetime staple “60 Minutes.” “Despite Charlie’s important journalistic contribution to our news division, there is absolutely nothing more important, in this or any organization, than ensuring a safe, professional workplace,” CBS News President David Rhodes wrote in a statement. “I’m deeply disappointed and angry that people were victimized.” New: CBS News terminates Charlie Rose.
See full article at The Wrap »

HBO’s Cinemax and Sky Enlists ‘The Raid’ Director Gareth Evans for Gangland Drama

HBO’s Cinemax and Sky Enlists ‘The Raid’ Director Gareth Evans for Gangland Drama
After making a splash with his relentless action films The Raid and The Raid 2 and preparing to jump to the blockbuster big leagues with the upcoming Deathstroke, director Gareth Evans is making his first foray into the small screen. This time, Evans is tackling a gangland drama set in contemporary London for HBO’s Cinemax and Sky networks. Titled Gangs of […]

The post HBO’s Cinemax and Sky Enlists ‘The Raid’ Director Gareth Evans for Gangland Drama appeared first on /Film.
See full article at Slash Film »

Box-Office Preview: 'Coco' Set to Rule Thanksgiving With $55M-$60M Bow

Box-Office Preview: 'Coco' Set to Rule Thanksgiving With $55M-$60M Bow
The Disney animated empire will once again dominate the Thanksgiving box office.

Pixar/Disney's critically acclaimed Coco, about the Mexican holiday Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead), parades into theaters everywhere Wednesday, following Tuesday-night previews. Disney and Pixar, along with the major tracking services, are projecting a five-day domestic debut of $55 million to $60 million, but there's plenty of room for upside.

Between them, Disney Animation Studios and Pixar claim the top six five-day Thanksgiving openings of all time, not accounting for inflation. Frozen (2013) is the record holder with $93.6 million, while last year's Moana sang...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Bob Weinstein Personally Paid Off Two of Harvey’s Accusers in 1990s, According to New Yorker

Bob Weinstein Personally Paid Off Two of Harvey’s Accusers in 1990s, According to New Yorker
A New Yorker expose details the secret settlements that allegedly allowed Harvey Weinstein to cover up sexual assault and harassment allegations dating back decades.

Ronan Farrow reports that Bob Weinstein, who has repeatedly said he was unaware of his brother’s alleged sexual misconduct, personally paid £250,000 — equivalent to about $600,000 today — to settle two claims against his brother in the 1990s during their time running Miramax. The money was supposed to be split between Harvey’s former assistant Zelda Perkins and another female employee in the U.K. alleging sexual harassment and assault.

Bob Weinstein confirmed the personal payout during the New Yorker interview, but insisted that his brother misled him about what the money was being used for. Because it came from his account, the money could be hidden from Disney, Miramax, and Harvey’s wife.

“Regarding that payment, I only know what Harvey told me, and basically what he said was he was fooling around with two
See full article at Variety - Film News »

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Battles Breitbart Editor Over the Meaning of ‘Rape’ (Video)

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Battles Breitbart Editor Over the Meaning of ‘Rape’ (Video)
CNN’s Chris Cuomo engaged in a tough exchange Tuesday night with Breitbart News senior editor at large Joel Pollak on the definition of rape. At one point during the over 16-minute exchange on on the set of “CNN Tonight,” Cuomo and Pollak tangled over comments made by Breitbart editor in chief Alexander Marlow, who seemed to suggest he wasn’t sure what “rape” even meant anymore. “Rape used to have a narrow definition. Rape used to have a definition where it was — it was brutality, it was forced sexual attack and penetration,” said Marlow on the radio program Patriot’s Breitbart News Daily.
See full article at The Wrap »

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter Denies Rape Accusation by Former Girl-Group Singer

  • The Wrap
Backstreet Boy Nick Carter Denies Rape Accusation by Former Girl-Group Singer
Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter on Wednesday denied allegations by a former member of the all-girl pop group Dream that he raped her 15 years ago. In a very detailed blog post on Tuesday, Melissa Schuman said the singer, then 22, raped her in his Santa Monica apartment back in 2002. Schuman said she was 18 and a virgin at the time. “I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman’s accusations. Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual,” Carter said in a statement. Also Read: Aaron Carter's Lengthy.
See full article at The Wrap »

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ on Track for Cosmic $200 Million-Plus Opening Weekend

  • The Wrap
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ on Track for Cosmic $200 Million-Plus Opening Weekend
Star Wars: The Last Jedi” is on track for a cosmic $200 million-plus opening weekend when it hits theaters on Dec. 15, according to first estimates released by tracking services on Wednesday morning. “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the first new film released in the sci-fi franchise after Disney acquired Lucasfilm, earned a record opening of $248 million in December 2015. Last year’s prequel “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” opened to $155.1 million. “The Last Jedi” is likely to score the biggest opening box office weekend of the year, a spot currently held by another Disney release, “Beauty and the...
See full article at The Wrap »

Cannes Film Festival to Start One Day Earlier in 2018

  • The Wrap
The Cannes Film Festival is expanding for its 71st edition next year, adding an extra day of screenings. Festival organizers announced Wednesday that the 2018 festival will start one day earlier, on May 8, and run through May 19, 2018. The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 19. Also Read: Cannes 2017: Thoughts on a Political, Indie-Minded Festival “Following 2017’s anniversary edition, the Festival is beginning a new period in its history,” Festival President Pierre Lescure said in a statement. “We intend to renew the principles of our organization as much as possible, while continuing to question the cinema of our...
See full article at The Wrap »

Russell Simmons Accuser Says He Apologized to Her Privately (Video)

Russell Simmons Accuser Says He Apologized to Her Privately (Video)
Former model Keri Claussen Khalighi, who accused Russell Simmons of sexually assaulting her when she was 17, said that the music mogul privately apologized to her after the fact. “Russell and I have actually had a face-to-face confrontation around this,” Khalighi told Megyn Kelly on the “Today” show Wednesday. “We’ve had phone conversations where we’ve had a conversation about what happened where there was no dispute about what we were talking about. We were both talking about what happened on that night and he actually apologized.” Khalighi also said she was surprised by Simmons’ public refutation of her accusations about the.
See full article at The Wrap »

How Angelina Jolie Battled Snakes and Land Mines to Depict War-Torn Cambodia in 'First They Killed My Father'

How Angelina Jolie Battled Snakes and Land Mines to Depict War-Torn Cambodia in 'First They Killed My Father'
<!--[Cdata[

Loung Ung was 5 years old in 1975 when the soldiers marched into her city. "That day, they were smiling," says the human rights activist. "People were screaming, 'The war is over! The war is over!' I didn't know we had been in a war. But they were wearing black shirts and pants, and that was different for us because Cambodia is a very colorful culture; we'd wear bright colors. My first thought was, 'If they are so happy, why are they all in black?' "

Ung found out quickly enough, much to her regret, as these seeming liberators...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »

Watch Disguised Maroon 5, Jimmy Fallon Busk in New York City Subway

Watch Disguised Maroon 5, Jimmy Fallon Busk in New York City Subway
Maroon 5 and Jimmy Fallon disguised themselves as bearded buskers and hit the New York City subways in a charming Tonight Show web video. Singer Adam Levine and guitarist James Valentine performed acoustic renditions of the group's 2014 hit "Sugar" and Queen's 1979 hit "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," with the late-night host assisting on tambourine.

During the Queen cover, most people walked by the performance disinterested – and totally oblivious to the musicians' true identities. (It also helped that Levine also masked his signature vocal style with a huskier, heavier tone.
See full article at Rolling Stone »

Box Office: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Tracking for Stellar $200 Million Opening Weekend

Box Office: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Tracking for Stellar $200 Million Opening Weekend
Star Wars: The Last Jedi” is heading for a massive launch in the $200 million range during its Dec. 15-17 opening weekend in North America, according to first estimates released by tracking services on Wednesday.

Directed by Rian Johnson, the movie picks up where 2015’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” left off. It stars returning cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Andy Serkis.

New cast members include Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern, and Benicio del Toro. It’s the final film role for Fisher, who died last December.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens” set an all-time record in December of 2015, with a domestic opening of $248 million at 4,134 theaters for the first “Star Wars” movie in a decade. The first “Star Wars” spinoff, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” opened a year later with $155.1 million.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi” will most likely be the biggest debut of the
See full article at Variety - Film News »

Charlie Rose Faces 3 New Sexual Misconduct Accusations From CBS Staffers (Video)

Veteran newsman Charlie Rose, who was fired by CBS News on Tuesday after accusations of sexual misconduct against women on his PBS talk show, now faces three new accusations of sexual misconduct, this time by employees of CBS News. The new accusations were first reported Wednesday on the show Rose hosted until this week, “CBS This Morning.” “Now in the course of reporting this story, we have learned of new alleged misconduct here at CBS,” co-anchor Gayle King said Wednesday. The news was then taken up by CBS correspondent, Bianna Golodryga. Also Read: Gayle King Says She 'Came This Close to Canceling' Colbert.
See full article at The Wrap »

Russell Simmons Accuser Says She "Froze," Tried to "Normalize" What Happened

Russell Simmons Accuser Says She
Fashion model, Keri Claussen Khalighi, who says she was 17 when she was sexually assaulted by Russell Simmons, explained why she didn't immediately flee the scene of the alleged crime in her first live TV interview since going public with her allegations.

Khalighi told the Los Angeles Times that she went to Simmons' apartment, with Brett Ratner in tow, in 1991, where Simmons quickly began making aggressive sexual advances, including tearing off her clothes. “I looked over at Brett and said ‘help me’ and I'll never forget the look on his face,” she told the newspaper. “In...
See full article at The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News »
loading
An error has occured. Please try again.