- Alan Ball earned his BA at the Florida State University School of Theatre. One of his first written works was a play entitled "Five women wearing the same dress"
- (1993) play "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress"
- (1991) play "The M Word"
- plays "Made For a Woman"; "Bachelor Holiday"; "The Amazing Adventures of Tense Guy"; "Your Mother's Butt"; "Power Lunch"; and "The Two Mrs. Trumps."
- (1997) His play, "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress", was performed at the Circle Theatre in Chicago, Illinois with Janelle Snow in the cast.
- (2003) His play, "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress," was performed at the Artistic Home in Chicago, Illinois.