- (1992) He acted in William Shakespeare's play, "Love's Labours Lost," at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester, England with Stephen Tomkinson, Linus Roache, Ray Fearon, Meredith Davies, Bernard Bresslaw, David Ross, Suzan Sylvester, and John Bennett in the cast. James Macdonald was director.
- (1993) He acted in William Shakespeare's play, "King Lear," at the Royal Court Theatre in London, England with Tom Wilkinson, Philip Jackson, Hugh Ross, Iain Glen, Adrian Dunbar, Andy Serkis, Lia Williams, Saskia Reeves, Cara Kelly, and Jason Watkins in the cast. Max Stafford-Clark was director.
- (1988) He acted in Ben Jonson's play, "Bartholomew Fair", in a British National Theatre production at the Oliver Theatre in London, England with Guy Henry, Mark Long, Jim Barclay, David Bamber, Kate Spiro, Stephen Moore, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Katharine Schlesinger, Barbara Leigh-Hunt, David Burke, John Wells, Jonathan Cullen, Michael Bryant and Mark Lockyer in the cast. Richard Eyre was the director.
- (1984) He acted in Edward Bond's plays, "The Pope's Wedding" and "Saved", at the Royal Court Theatre in London, England with Adrian Dunbar, Gerard Horan, Gary Oldman, Lesley Manville and June Watson in the cast. Max Stafford-Clark and Danny Boyle were the directors.
- (late 1970s - early 1980s) He was the keyboard player, alongside Phil Daniels on vocals and guitar, in new wave group The Cross.