The Stepmother (1972)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman is shown fully nude in the shower. We see full rear nudity and toplessness.
- A woman gets out of bed, and we see that she was sleeping in her panties only. We see a brief flash of her breasts in a mirror before she throws on a shirt.
- Small posters depicting topless women are seen on the walls in one scene.
- One character shows another a short movie he made of a woman removing her negligee. We see full frontal nudity. No labia are visible, owing to the cover of her pubic hair.
- A man and woman kiss and grope passionately. We see the couple remove reach others tops, and subsequently see several shots of her breasts. (And his. :) Later, we see that her pants were removed off-camera, leaving her wearing only panties. The man runs off before much more happens.
- A woman reads a Playboy magazine. We see only the front cover.
- A woman seduces her stepson. The age of the actor playing the boy is uncertain, somewhere around the cusp of adulthood, but his character is still living at home with his father, so we may be meant to believe he is underage. They start the scene both in sleepwear, but become déshabillé over the course of the scene. We only see them kissing by the end of the scene as the son succumbs to temptation. No nudity is shown, just flashes of skin through gaps in their sleepwear.
- In the next scene, we see the boy's father waking up in a hotel bed. Through the rest of the scene we learn that he apparently slept with a woman friend that night. Only kissing is shown explicitly.
- The stepmother and boy are later shown in bed together. Only a bit of toplessness is shown, including a brief flash of mom's breasts, but it is clear from the way the scene plays out that we are meant to believe they were both fully nude, implying the completion of the seduction.
Violence & Gore
- A woman asleep in bed is attacked by a man, who rapes her.
- A man punches and strangles another man to death.
- Two men argue and fight on a rooftop. One accidentally pushes the other over the edge. We do not see what happens to the victim, but his death is implied.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman gulps champagne from a champagne coupe, and chain-smokes two cigarettes. She then tries to go to sleep, tossing a few times, then gets back up and lights another cigarette. It is clear in the scene that she is using these as emotional crutches.
- Later scenes include more casual smoking and drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
Violence & Gore
- The father character threatens his son with a pistol, and is then shot to death by a police officer.