The Transformers (1984–1987)
- In the recap of the previous episode, Megatron's fusion cannon makes a really wimpy laser gun noise.
- When Optimus introduces himself to Spike and Sparkplug, some team symbols helpfully pop up in mid-air to illustrate the differences between Autobots and Decepticons.
- They added a window inset which makes it exceedingly obvious that Soundwave is eavesdropping when Trailbreaker explains transforming to Spike. This changes the feel of the entire scene--as though they were suggesting that Soundwave is attempting to discover the secrets of transforming (while he himself is transformed, mind you).
- They dubbed in a new swoosh sound as Soundwave lunges for Spike.
- In the scene change from Soundwave retreating to Prime spotting him, the animation takes on a strange greenish hue while it's inside the computer window. I think the computer animators forgot to adjust their tint settings; once the window goes away, the colors of the scene are restored.
- When Prime is dangling on the ledge inside the power plant and Megatron asks if he has any last words, when Prime says, "None you'd wanna hear, Megatron!" they used an inset of Prime's head. The problem is, they took it from a later scene when he's back outside, so it's got a blue sky background.
- They also added a fizzling sound when Megatron steps on Prime's hand.
- The "green screen" effect happens again when Prime grabs Jazz's grappling cord. At the end, during the preview for part 3, they sampled the sound effect of Hound creating the holographic rocket base and reused it for the scene of Prime being blasted out of the sky by the Decepticon space cruiser.
- The voice credits are from "More Than Meets the Eye" this time, but there is no mention of Frank Welker.