A Christmas Carol (1997 Video)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some scary images|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex and nudity.
Violence & Gore
- Mr. Scrooge throws a handful of coal at a little boy. The boy doesn't get hit.
- Mr. Scrooge mentions about people who should be stuck like a turkey buried with a steak of holy through their hearts.
- A man is mentioned to have been dead for seven years. His spirit appears later.
- Mr. Scrooge attempts to smash a mouse. A dog tries to chase it.
- A dog chases two men away from the house. It tries to bite one of them when it only gets a piece of his jacket.
- Mr. Scrooge attempts to attack a child with his cane, when another man stops him from doing that.
- A female spirit drops Mr. Scrooge down, and takes him up before he could crash on the ground.
- The spirit of future takes Mr. Scrooge into the future, where death is constantly talked about. The feet of a corpse is seen.
- Some mild language throughout. "Brat". "Dammit". "Humbug". "Fools". "Numbskull". "Stupid dog". "Silly boy".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Very brief appearance of some alcoholic drink.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Mr. Scrooge is shown to literally hate Christmas. Some young children may be upset by this.
- Jacob Marley's green spirit may frighten some children.
- A female spirit speaks about a little boy who'll die in the future unless the course of events changes.
- The spirit of future takes Mr. Scrooge into the future to show him events related to death. The entire scenario may be sad or disturbing for some children.
- Rated PG for some scary images.