Max Payne, a cop in the NYPD, returns home one day to find his wife and baby daughter murdered at the hands of drug addicts, high on a designer drug called Valkyr. After 3 years of working on the case, Max and his best friend Alex go undercover to bust a V-deal. However, things go wrong: Alex is suddenly killed, and Max is framed for his murder. Hunted by the cops and driven by determination to avenge his family, Max Payne sets out to uncover the truths behind his family's murder.
A Man With Nothing To Lose. Do Not Cross.
See more »
23 July 2001 (USA)
See more »
See more on IMDbPro »
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
Mad Max (1979), The Punisher (1989), Hard Boiled (1992), Loaded (1995) and The Matrix (1999) are influences behind the game. See more
The entire game takes place in the US, yet at least twice in the game we can see safety signs that say "no unauthorised persons beyond this point" (the common UK spelling of "unauthorized"). See more
I have tasted the flesh of fallen angels... I've tasted the Devil's green blood. It runs in my veins. I have seen beyond the world of skin, the architecture of blood and bone marrow... Death is coming...
She is coming, and Hell follows with her. this is the twilight winter. I am ready to be her son! Her time is now, and all who stand in her way must die!
You'll die, you'll die, now, all die.
[He howls again
Graphic Novel Models - Candy Dawn (as herself) See more
Aside from the controls, the PlayStation 2 version alternates from the PC version.
- There are no quick saves on PS2 and the chapters are divided into several sub-chapters with different names for each.
- The World Trade Center towers are also removed from the intro on PS2 and the graphic novel panel showing them at the beginning of the chapter "Backstabbing Bastard" is replaced with a different image.
- The Roman numerals for the "Part" description of the loading screens were replaced with just normal numbers.
- The graphic novel scenes use a different font than PC.
- An additional credits movie was added with new music in the main menu. The PS4 release also adds 1080p support and trophies.
References Full Contact