Samurai 7 (2004)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Many people and robots are killed in every episode in the series.
- None of the violence is too graphic. The most blood is shown in the final episodes.
- Kikuchiyo gets his head and limbs cut off multiple times throughout the series. Since he is robot, this does not kill him and it is mostly used for comic relief. He does not bleed.
- Kyuzo is thought to be dead after being caught in an explosion. He is later shown to be alive but is killed almost instantly after being shot multiple times through the chest, creating huge holes. He bleeds from his mouth and profusely from his chest. Although considerably mild, probably the most brutal death in the series. Very upsetting.
- "Hell" is most likely used a few times.
- Almost no profanity in the series. Very child friendly in this aspect.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Kikuchiyo is asked if he wants sake.
- No drugs are used or referenced in the series.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several characters that viewers may have become emotional attached to die suddenly and unexpectedly. Although very little blood is shown, it still may be saddening to watch.
- Katsushiro, a young samurai who has never killed before, mentally loses it whenever he kills an enemy. This is meant to be unsettling.
- The last few episodes are the most intense in the series.
- Katsushiro accidently kills on of his own comrades. He becomes very shaken and upset.
- The anime generally carries a generally light tone early on and progressively gets more mature.
Violence & Gore
- Gorobei is sent flying through the air after a structure behind him is blown up. He bleeds from his mouth and chest. Mild violence. Very upsetting.
- The next few deaths take place in the final three episodes:
- Heihachi is shot while walking ad smears some blood on the pillars around him. He blows up the main engine and goes down with it. It is implied he is dead. Mild violence.
- Kikuchiyo receives lots of abuse in the final episodes. He is shot on multiple occasions, beaten, and actually powers down, or dies, once or twice. In his final scene, there is a big flash, and you later see his feet standing... only his feet. It is implied he melted, obviously dying in the process. He is a robot so it is not very violent, but extremely upsetting.