A Summer in Genoa (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated R for language, some sexuality and drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- There is one brief scene in which the teenage girl is making out with her boyfriend and her breasts are seen. There is another scene where this same girl is seen in her underwear for a little while.
- There is also another scene where a shirtless male youth is viewed through a door that is ajar, and there had obviously been some sex going on in that room.
- There are one or two displays of passionate kissing.
Violence & Gore
- No gore, no violence, although there are a couple of car accidents.
- A dozen occurrences of "fuck." <<In English, this word is always considered a vulgarism, no matter how it's used, unlike "pussy, screw or dick.">>
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Wine is a major part of the Italian culture, and so it's seen and consumed at most meals in Italy. There are a couple of scenes where stronger alcoholic drinks are prepared and consumed. Smoking is fairly common in Italy, and is engaged in occasionally by one of the characters. Illegal drugs (maybe only pot) are smoked on a couple of occasions, and in one situation, a character vomits, and in another situation, driving judgement is severely impaired.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is a tragic accident very early on in the movie, and while it is not seen in detail, the aftermath is quite sad. A predominant theme throughout the movie is coming to grips with the loss of a parent/spouse and working through grief, so there are some pretty intense scenes, including a lost child, dangerous environments, risky driving due to drugs or alcohol, sibling-on-sibling anger and threats, and a traffic-related near-accident.