A fireman and public servant Mark Taylor hears a special message from God about change in our nation. When Mary Colbert, a networker and connector of Christian ministries, hears Mark's ... See full summary »
Emily and Eden Stevens escape one violent situation only to stumble into another. Terrified and alone, they are stranded in the woods, hunted by a werewolf. When they find shelter in a ... See full summary »
Roger, a Rasputin-like drifter, is in search of the ultimate indie-rock band, The Transcendents. What he finds is less than transcendent: a band who has all but abandoned society, a host of... See full summary »
It is about two Atheists who run a video blog debunking Psychics, Mediums and religious beliefs. However, a death experiment goes totally wrong and as a result they attract evil entities that stalk and haunt them.
Elly Hiraani Clapin
Over 100+ MILLION people globally know of me. I've been around over 51 years in this specific "lifetime" ("reincarnation"). I was the very first and now am officially the very last - REAL ORIGINAL ONLY AUTHENTIC MESSIAH ("MASHIACH").
INSPIRED BY THE TRUE STORY On the eve of the Challenger explosion in 1986 one engineer goes to the extreme to stop the launch. This hot-headed engineer makes a desperate race against the ... See full summary »
Given the word I had heard about this zombie film, I was disappointed with the execution but - being a fellow creative - I don't want to dwell on the negatives so will get those out of the way early on before concentrating on what was done well.
1. Acting / characters: The acting was not good in this film. Some of the dialogue was both clunky and cheesy. I found myself not really knowing much about the characters and - as a result - I didn't care about them.
2. The run time: The film was way, way, way too long. At least an hour too long. It was action scene, zombie stuff, internal conflict with the soldiers, repeat the above for over two hours. None of the action sequences brought anything new to what you were watching so - when you saw the first one, you'd pretty much seen the rest of them.
3. Script / Plot: Nothing we haven't seen before but not as executed as well as it could have been. It needed tightening and some new twists (other than a "twist" at the end which just missed the mark by a mile and infuriated me). It appears to have taken bits from your favourite zombie films, mashed them together and executed them in a poorer style.
That's the negatives.
1. Action is hard to direct and I've seen many directors who are at the top of their game fluff this. But it was clear to see what was happening, who was punching who and with little motion sickness (some go way overboard with shaky cameras in other films but not this one). It was shot well.
2. The score was good for the material they had to work with. Had the script been tighter, there could have been some powerful scenes with the added music.
3. For a low-budget film it looks great. There are a couple of dodgy effects which people laughed at (knees getting shot for example) but - overall - it would stand up well next to high budget films...
Last comment: style over substance. Had it not been so long, it could have been an average film but... The running time and other issues killed it for me personally. Give it a watch though and make your own mind up :)
32 of 41 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this