The Fault in Our Stars (2014)
- When Hazel tells her mother that she is going to Amsterdam, Frannie consents but wants her to see the doctor. Hazel evades the question of whether she's in relationship with Gus. The next morning, both mother and daughter visit Dr. Maria who has reservations about her health and says that she would approve if someone who is familiar with her condition accompanies Hazel for the trip - Hazel suggests her mother for that.
- When Gus messages her, Hazel simply switches off the phone.
- The "grenade talk" between Gus and Hazel is not as serious in tone than in the theatrical version.
- Following the "grenade talk", Gus and Hazel talk about finding the most creative title for their classified ad for the swing. Gus admits of liking her but they just shake hands.
- John Green's cameo is longer here. The little girl that Hazel meets in the airport asks her about the tubes on her nose. The man (Green) wants to apologize, but Hazel explains the whole thing and even allows her to try it. She thanks Hazel and then leaves with him. Gus' hands are wet so he wipes it with her jacket.
- When Gus is driven to the hospital in an ambulance with Hazel accompanying her, he asks her to either tell a story or a poem. She recites poem 'The Red Wheelbarrow'.